368Re: QUERY: pig(ging)

  • Radovan Pletka
    Jan 5, 2000
      myslim si, ze temhle cisticim zarizenim se rikalo jezek

      At 08:12 AM 12/30/1999 +0100, you wrote:
      >From: "Jirka Bolech" <jirka.bolech@...>
      >
      >Hi
      >
      >Sorry to trouble you at the festive season of the year end. I'm doing this
      >awful text from English to Czech. It's a description of equipment for a car
      >body painting line by German company Durr/Behr. The English is rather bad
      >and
      >context poor, which makes it hard for me to see the meanings of some of the
      >expressions.
      >
      >There's one I'm racking my brains about to find the Czech expression for.
      >It's plainly called a "pig" and it's the name for a device that can travel
      >down a hose or pipe, a bit like a piston in a cylinder of a combustion
      >engine, but no con-rod (see http://www.starpig.com/Pig_Products.html).
      >
      >I would quite simply call it a "prase", but I'm afraid that's not it. Thanks
      >for any inspiration.
      >
      >Sorry if you receive this message more than once.
      >
      >Jirka Bolech
      >Liberec, CR

      >Get great offers on top-notch products that match your interests!
      >Sign up for eLerts at:

      >Shortcut URL to this page:
      > http://www.onelist.com/community/Czechlist

      Radovan Pletka
      Czech and Slovak Services
      P.O.Box 11202
      Burke, VA 22015, USA
      703 323 6659 phone
      E-fax 561 423 8233
      Mobile phone 703 980 8554
      pletka@...
      RPletka@...
      ICQ: 286 386 96
      www.czechtranslation.com
      Publisher of the famous weekly job list for translators/interpreters
      For more info see www.jobsfortranslators.com
      Feel free to request a sample (-:
      Subscription $30 per calendar year (or $3 per month if you are subscribing
      later in the year)
      (cash, check, VISA, MASTER and AMEX accepted)
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic