35211TERM: Technology vs equipment

  • Josef Hlavac
    Jan 3, 2008
      Hello listmates,

      I need your input regarding the following term:

      The Czech word "technologie" can, among others, refer collectively to a
      set of devices (IT, telco, etc.) that form a system and are usually
      installed and operated at a single site. For example, one could talk
      about "sitova technologie instalovana v lokalite XXXX" and mean all
      those routers, servers, etc. that are installed there.

      My feeling is that this meaning should be translated as "equipment", not
      "technology" (which is Czenglish). Am I right?

      Thanks in advance,
      Josef
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic