33395Re: Two questions

  • kzgafas
    May 1, 2007
      > So, my first question is, Has obrozenecky linguistic protectionism
      > weakened over the past several years?

      The answer might be that 90's was a very different decade. Examples you
      have mentioned concerned single word or short expressions. This kind of
      protectionism may be on retreat simply becouse it has ceased to be the
      priority. We live in a very different decade now, and the language is
      subject to a very different kind of burden by politicians and media -
      much more serious burden - for instance: implementing specific
      political interests into the language. Who would care in such situation
      about using foreign words?

      K.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic