28973Re: [Czechlist] Dollars

    Nov 29, 2005
      I guess the story happend a long time ago, while it was narrated in 1995
      - so they've just converted the then-dollar amount to the today's (or
      1999's) purchase power. In other words, a cup of coffe costed 15 cents
      in 1935 but 2 bucks in 1999 (a fictious figure), so 15 cents of 1935
      would make 2 bucks in 1999 dollars.

      hth
      Martin