28404[Czechlist] Czech korunas versus Czech crowns

  • Petr Veselý
    Oct 5, 2005
      Hi folks

      While browsing through the Business Vocabulary in Use by CUP, I came across
      the term "korunas" reffering to the Slovak currency, e.g. each chair costs
      360 korunas to make.
      I checked whether this use was supported by Google and it is, indeed, over
      15,000 hits. Is it a new trend which will replace the good old Czech
      (Slovak)crowns, which still prevail (80,000 hits)? Do you use it yourselves?
      Do you like it more than Czech crowns?

      Petr
    • Show all 11 messages in this topic