Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

28378Re: Term:Doc. MUDr. CSc.

Expand Messages
  • kzgafas
    Oct 1, 2005
    • 0 Attachment
      I do not see anything stupid in translating MUDr as MD and CSc as PhD.
      (Jan Novak, M.D., Ph.D.) I think if we agree on the English as
      international language, then titles should be standardized (translated
      into English) for the sake of international communication.
      Even Doc. may well fit with Prof., but it depends on the context.


      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Amir" <amir.z@s...> wrote:
      > Hi .. I am translating a discharge report, which contains some names
      > of the doctors. I feel quite uncomfortable about rewriting the "Doc.
      > MUDr. CSc." etc. into something like "associate professor .... MD,
      > PhD" - sounds quite stupid to me. Should I leave it as it is or
      > translate?
      > TIA Amir
    • Show all 8 messages in this topic