27544Re: "ceska krasna kniha"???? - Spolek Hollar

    Jul 5, 2005

      > you could refer to a "ceska krasna kniha" as "a work of Czech
      literature" or "a Czech literary
      > work".

      Thing is, the term 'krasna kniha' is basically used to refer to books
      as high-quality artefacts - their actual contents are secondary here
      (although clearly, you rarely find literarni brak in a krasna kniha!).
      My Hana works as editor of a magazine for librarians. She is
      familiar with Spolek Hollar and 'fine books' and she gives her stamp
      of approval to my every word here. ;-)

      Melvyn
      - Punk chick: ...hate it when my dirt washes off. It keeps me warm.
      Overheard in New York
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic