2630Re: [Czechlist] Re: quiche, silverware

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Oct 3, 2000
      In a message dated 10/3/00 5:40:21 AM, lindsaylockyer@... writes:

      >Ach! No! You've got me there! No, silverware does not cover silver
      >jewellery. And I didn't know anyone had silver tooth fillings. Would
      >anyone really want to advertise the fact that they can't afford a gold
      >one?

      Another thing: Silverware will often be used to refer to stainless steel
      flatware, but the term will never include a steel coffee pot. So once the
      term is used for items that are not made of silver, it narrows.

      As for those fillings, I can't imagine a world where people don't have silver
      ones. Here the majority of people have either silver amalgam fillings or
      porcelain composite. Of course, people under 24 tend to have no fillings,
      because the preventive technology is better now than when I was a weester.