2607Re: [Czechlist] Re: quiche, silverware

  • Michael Grant
    Oct 2, 2000
      >I would have to disagree that the term "cutlery" is not used in the US. It
      >is used frequently, particularly in advertising, but only to refer to kitchen
      >and dining utensils that cut. Which sort of makes sense, doesn't it?

      My take is that the word is not all that frequently used, but when it
      is it can include forks and spoons. My AHD includes both definitions,
      plus a third: "the occupation of a cutler".
      :-)
      Michael

      Tel. (+1-512) 336-8911, Fax (+1-512) 336-8954
    • Show all 28 messages in this topic