25441Re: [Czechlist] Strange TERM: Dumplatch

    Feb 1, 2005
      If this is automotive, it's probably a seat that can be released (maybe
      folded down) by releasing a "dump latch". Normally, it's a certain
      type of latch that opens hoppers and other containers that are filled
      with grain, gravel, grass or other materials that someone wants to
      dump. I'm figuring that these seats are designed using the same kind
      of latch (a dump latch) rather than some other, more traditional latch.
      My guess is that once one releases the dump latch, the seat will come
      down with the help of gravity, rather than having to be pushed down
      hard. At least this is what I picture to myself.

      Search "dump latch" in quotes on Yahoo!, go to Images, and you'll see
      pictures of a couple of these latches.

      Jamie

      On Tuesday, February 1, 2005, at 04:11 AM, Hana Jarol�mov� wrote:

      > Dear all!
      >
      > I am trying to find out the meaning of a Dumplatch seat.
      >
      > I have been googling but found the Dutch translation (kantelknop) and
      > Dumplatch passenger seat translated as nedfaeldeligt passagersaede
      > (Swedish???). There are not any other hits. Source: General Motors
      > workshop
      > documentation. Maybe mistranslation from German (but Dumplatsch gives
      > no
      > hits either). By the way, the seat looks pretty normal.
      >
      > TIA for tips, hints, and advice.
      >
      > regards
      > Hana
      >

      > Czechlist resources:
      >
      > Dog Eat Blog - Patrick's totally clued-in Prague blog:
      > http://www.prague-spot.com/blog

      <image.tiff>