- Sep 21, 2000--- In Czechlist@egroups.com, "Jaroslav Suchanek" <jardas@m...> wrote:
> Hello folks,Czech Republic.
> let me to introduce as a new member of this group:
> my nickname is Jarda, I'm technical translator living in Praha,
>Welcome to the list, Jarda - I do look forward to your contributions.
Just to let you know what we have on offer here:
* A terrific bunch of contributors whose willingness to assist,
inform and entertain can renew your faith in human nature:)...
* Weekly meetings of Prague members at U Buvola on Stefanikova near
Andel, 5.30 pm Thursday to discuss translation problems, analyse each
other's work and have a good natter. Details in the Svepomoc mailing-
list (which also sometimes serves as place for totally off-topic
chat, pub meetings etc: Svepomocemail@example.com ). Newcomers
always welcome, Jarda.
* Occasional features such as "legal phrases and terms". (Any other
ideas for such occasional items??)
* DISCREET correction of your mistakes in written English off-list -
(drop me a line: zehrovak@... ). Of course, Czech is also used on
* We have the support of several non-translators living in Britain,
who are willing to give us their view on realia and everyday usage
and even hunt down bureaucratic jargon and other linguistic oddities.
* Anybody searching "Czech-English translation" on the more competent
search engines :) will find Czechlist at the top of their results
* Czechlist resources pages:
Articles, glossaries, dictionaries, links, bibliography and more.
Always on the look-out for other ways of improving Czechlist...
Any more introductions?? C'mon all you new members. Write in and tell
us about yourselves.
- << Previous post in topic Next post in topic >>