2453Re: Introduction

  • Melvyn Clarke
    Sep 21, 2000
      --- In Czechlist@egroups.com, "Jaroslav Suchanek" <jardas@m...> wrote:
      > Hello folks,
      > let me to introduce as a new member of this group:
      > my nickname is Jarda, I'm technical translator living in Praha,
      Czech Republic.

      Welcome to the list, Jarda - I do look forward to your contributions.
      Just to let you know what we have on offer here:

      * A terrific bunch of contributors whose willingness to assist,
      inform and entertain can renew your faith in human nature:)...

      * Weekly meetings of Prague members at U Buvola on Stefanikova near
      Andel, 5.30 pm Thursday to discuss translation problems, analyse each
      other's work and have a good natter. Details in the Svepomoc mailing-
      list (which also sometimes serves as place for totally off-topic
      chat, pub meetings etc: Svepomoc-subscribe@egroups.com ). Newcomers
      always welcome, Jarda.

      * Occasional features such as "legal phrases and terms". (Any other
      ideas for such occasional items??)

      * DISCREET correction of your mistakes in written English off-list -
      (drop me a line: zehrovak@... ). Of course, Czech is also used on
      this list.

      * We have the support of several non-translators living in Britain,
      who are willing to give us their view on realia and everyday usage
      and even hunt down bureaucratic jargon and other linguistic oddities.

      * Anybody searching "Czech-English translation" on the more competent
      search engines :) will find Czechlist at the top of their results

      * Czechlist resources pages:
      Articles, glossaries, dictionaries, links, bibliography and more.

      Always on the look-out for other ways of improving Czechlist...

      Any more introductions?? C'mon all you new members. Write in and tell
      us about yourselves.

    • Show all 11 messages in this topic