22232Re: Agency: ALS

  • jsyeaton
    Jun 1, 2004
      I checked the ATA listing for ALS International (it's public - you
      don't need to be a member - www.atanet.org), and they aren't
      listed. This doesn't mean there's a problem, but I always feel
      better when I find someone new listed there.

      From their website, this looks more like a collection of individual
      translators than an agency as such. I've worked with some people
      under such arrangements who paid with almost embarrassing
      promptness, but the smaller - and more undercapitalized - the
      company, the more apt it is to have financial problems.

      Judy

      --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "Mihail Mihaylov" <mmtrans@n...>
      wrote:
      > Be sure they will pay. Just write directly to their acc. dept -
      Ms. Susan
      > Burk (sburk@a...)
      >
      > Mihail

      posted
      > on ProZ and it doesn't look like people are very much interested.
      > And BTW do any of you have any experience (or is it experiences?)
      > with ALS International in the US? Especially their payment
      > practices...4-6 weeks is going into week 9...
      > Martina
      >
      > --- In Czechlist@yahoogroups.com, "ing.Sárka Rubková"
      <rubkova@l...>
      > wrote:
      > > The Union of Interpreters and Translators has a paid access to
      such
      > page and
      > > it publishes this list from time to time in the JTP Bulletin
      > >
      > > sarka

      Czech