Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

1675Re: Chranene bydleni

Expand Messages
  • lambotovi@netscapeonline.co.uk
    Aug 3, 2000
    • 0 Attachment
      My husband said that the term shelters is commonly used (so just a
      shorter version of what Melvyn said) for charity accommodation.


      P.S. Thank you for your advice on dictionaries.
      In Czechlist@egroups.com, Michael Grant <mgrant@b...> wrote:
      > > If it's strictly
      > > >temporary, the term is "halfway house" (at least on my side of
      > > >ditch).
      > >Halfway house is used for prisoners, who are getting prepared for
      > >life, and they work during the day and come to halfway house to
      sleep in
      > >night, under lock and supervision of prison officials, at least at
      same places
      > But it's also used for people with disabilities or serious
      > mental or physical illness, or addictions from which they are
      > recovering, who still require some assistance but are learning the
      > necessary skills to live on their own. AHD defines halfway house as
      > "A rehabilitation center, esp. for people who have left an
      > institution."
      > Michael
      > --
      > BLUE DANUBE international communication services
      > The Central and East European Language Source!
      > <http://www.bdanube.com>, <mailto:bdanube@b...>
      > Tel. (+1-817) 577-5239, Fax (+1-817) 514-6413
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic