14905Re: [Czechlist] Re: Internetova prezentace

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Apr 4, 2003
      In a message dated 4/4/03 7:44:52 AM, coilin.oconnor@... writes:

      > Speaking of the internet, what do the other NSers think with regard to
      > capitalisation.  When the word first became common parlance I always
      > capitalised it as I perceived it as a place, but now I am getting used to
      > seeing it in lower case and the capitalised version looks a little
      > cumbersome now.  Having said that, both Word spellcheck and the COED
      > capitalise the word so I still do as well.  I can't help feeling a little
      > old fashioned though... What do you guys do?

      That one's still in flux, and the dictionaries can't keep up with it. It's
      like the old days when proofreaders would have fights with techies because
      the Webster's still listed "data base".

      I still capitalize "Internet", but I think I'm about to start lowercasing it.

      Remember the good old days of "Web site"?