14903Re: [Czechlist] Re: Internetova prezentace

  • PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor
    Apr 4, 2003
      > Can anyone imagine some American or British corporate or advertising
      person
      > calling their website a "web presentation" of their company, services,
      etc.?
      > It sounds quite normal to me, and I'm sure I've heard it. It's not an
      > equivalent of "website", exactly, but more a description of what they're
      > using the website for.

      I must say "web presentation" is definitely a lot better than "internet
      presentation" and I would even consider using this when if and when I come
      across "internetova presentace" in a job. Thanks to everyone for their
      suggestions.

      Speaking of the internet, what do the other NSers think with regard to
      capitalisation. When the word first became common parlance I always
      capitalised it as I perceived it as a place, but now I am getting used to
      seeing it in lower case and the capitalised version looks a little
      cumbersome now. Having said that, both Word spellcheck and the COED
      capitalise the word so I still do as well. I can't help feeling a little
      old fashioned though... What do you guys do?

      Coilin
    • Show all 10 messages in this topic