14855Re: [Czechlist] Re: Please help me with a company's slogan

  • JPKIRCHNER@aol.com
    Apr 1, 2003
      In a message dated 4/1/03 9:23:47 AM, dcavey@... writes:

      > What about: "We are looking ahead to the future.

      Better: "We look to the future."
      "We are looking ahead to the future," is too long and redundant for a slogan.

      You'd probably be better not to slavishly follow the original wording of the
      slogan and just composing something short and snappy. I think a better
      slogan than any of those translations would be:

      "Join us in the future."

      That's more like what a slogan would sound like in a country where people
      whiz by in cars and don't have half an hour on the metro to look at the sign.