12714Re: HELP: term - "lihovy zapalovac"

    Oct 1 9:13 AM
      --- In Czechlist@y..., "PSS Praha - Coilin O' Connor"
      <coilin.oconnor@s...> wrote:

      >I am fairly sure it is meant to be some sort of "zapalovac". Why
      else would it have a wick?

      Check out the Vintage Lighters Webring for inspiration:

      I notice they often use the hyperonym "wick lighters" even for those
      using methylated spirit, butane and so forth. I agree with you
      that "spirit lighters" does not seem to figure much – in fact, I got
      a googlewhack from New Zealand for it - not necessarily a reason to
      poo-pooh the idea, he hastens to add - it's a very respectable
      looking googlewhack:

    • Show all 4 messages in this topic