Re: [CycleSportCycling] Friday morning mtb ride

  • robert bean
    Message 1 of 10 , Jun 20, 2011
      Pamela, et al:

      I had the misfortune of having my Stumjumper stolen sat. morning.

      It is dark blue.  Old, but in very good condition!

      Special features: blackburn rack on the back, added grip / bars to the handle bar.

      I filed a police report.  So, if anyone comes across a Specialized- Stumpjumper, mountain bike "for sale," and you think it might be stolen or fits my description: please call me, or buy it.  I will reimburse!  Reward is also available.

      I would like to get word out to the general (biking) community.... I appreciate help in just being aware of bikes that any of you may come accross.

      Thank you,

      Robert

      Message 2 of 10 , Jun 20, 2011
        Darn--I will be gone for the next couple of weeks. Have a great, safe time.

        Billie

        ----------------------------------

      • hulenpass@sbcglobal.net
        Message 3 of 10 , Jun 20, 2011
          Crud! I was looking forward to this ride, but as mentioned I had to work two fridays in a row and this friday is the last one. Darn. My loss. Be safe.

          Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

          From: Pamela Weathers <paweathers@...>
          Sender: CycleSportCycling@yahoogroups.com
          Date: Mon, 20 Jun 2011 12:40:26 -0700 (PDT)
          To: Cycling 4 Women<ChicoCycling4Women@yahoogroups.com>; CycleSport<CycleSportCycling@yahoogroups.com>
          ReplyTo: CycleSportCycling@yahoogroups.com

[...]

        • Carole Montgomery
          Message 4 of 10 , Jun 20, 2011
            One more suggestion - wear your most comfortable bike shorts! Carole

              Message 6 of 10 , Jun 20, 2011
              • 1.5 MB
              Jay

              This is an old RR grade that is currently used as a logging road. It is gated at each end so it has no car traffic. We will start where Powelton Road meets Skyway approximately 3-4 miles above Stirling City on the left. There is a large dirt parking area there. The route follows the contour all the way to Butte Meadows with very little elevation gain or loss. It meets Skyway again just above the Butte Creek Bridge in Butte Meadows. The ride is 19 miles each way (38 RT) and is fast and easy as long as one can sit in the saddle that far/long. It is beautiful offering great views of the valley, coastal ranges, side creeks, and dogwoods. I'm attaching a pdf file of the route marked on a topo map. Also, if you click the Facebook link in earlier email below you can view photos of the route I took one week ago. Feel free to call me if you have any more questions.

              Carole
              877-5124

              Message 7 of 10 , Jun 21, 2011
                The caravan/carpool will leave the park and ride on Hwy 32 at 8:30am. East parking lot.

[...]

              • Ken&Diane Atterbury
                Message 8 of 10 , Jun 23, 2011
                  Hey all you Friday morning riders.  Must go to L.A. this weekend, so no ride for me tomorrow.  Love that A Line ride, especially lunch in Butte Meadow.  I will miss you guys.
                  Ken A.
                  p.s. Looks like it is cooling off just in time.

                  On Tue 06/21/11 2:55 PM , Pamela Weathers paweathers@... sent: