Suggestions on development tools

  • jkjellman
    Message 1 of 2 , Feb 6, 2006
      Hi,

      I'm new to Cybiko development, but not new to programming. I'm
      wondering if anyone can suggest what tools I could use to program a
      pair of Cybiko Classic devices. I would prefer to program in C but am
      open to other languages if there is a good reason.

      I want to use one Cybiko to control a robot I am making using the
      serial port. The other Cybiko would act as a monitoring / debugging /
      control tool wirelessly. This would require a constant stream of 2400-
      9600 baud data full duplex.

      Any ideas are welcome.

      Take care,
      KJohn
    • Graham Purnell
      Message 2 of 2 , Feb 8, 2006
        You should visit http://thinkable.us/DevCybiko

        If you register and click on the "Downloads" link,
        there is another link called "Development" which
        should have almost everything you need (or everything
        that is available). The CybikoDev Yahoo group should
        have some stuff in the "files" folder too.

        The website at the top of this message is run by Greg
        Smith, who I believe is the creator of B2C (Basic to
        C) for the Cybiko. You can support him by purchasing
        the documentation for B2C from Lulu.com at
        http://www.lulu.com/browse/book_view.php?fCID=139256

        Kind regards,

        Graham Purnell

        --- jkjellman <jkjellman@...> wrote:

        ---------------------------------
        Hi,

        I'm new to Cybiko development, but not new to
        programming. I'm
        wondering if anyone can suggest what tools I could use
        to program a
        pair of Cybiko Classic devices. I would prefer to
        program in C but am
        open to other languages if there is a good reason.

        I want to use one Cybiko to control a robot I am
        making using the
        serial port. The other Cybiko would act as a
        monitoring / debugging /
        control tool wirelessly. This would require a
        constant stream of 2400-
        9600 baud data full duplex.

        Any ideas are welcome.

        Take care,