Desktop icon

  • iosonorob
    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
      Hi everybody,
      Is It possible add an icon in cybiko classic desktop at the same level
      of games and application?
      Is it possible remove the game's or application's icon?

      Thank.

      Rob.
    • Trevor Burdick
      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 3, 2005
        yes it is.
        i found a way of doing so. however, i've lost most of
        my notes on the files i opened up and recorded the
        structure of. let me look around a bit and see if i
        can find any of it. it revolves around forbidden.dat,
        however, on the classic.

        trev

        --- iosonorob <roberto.pascale@...> wrote:

        > Hi everybody,
        > Is It possible add an icon in cybiko classic desktop
        > at the same level
        > of games and application?
        > Is it possible remove the game's or application's
        > icon?
        >
        > Thank.
        >
        > Rob.

        __________________________________
        Discover Yahoo!
      • William
        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 6, 2005
          yes, before the program is compiled, edit root.inf and leave the
          first line a blank, and then compile. that should put it on the
          desktop (if you dont see it right away, rebbot the cybiko to have it
          rebuild desktop.dat)

          if you need a app or game thats already been compile let me know, as
          it takes a few more steps, but can be done also.

          --- In CybikoDev@yahoogroups.com, Trevor Burdick <greytrev@y...>
          wrote:
          > yes it is.
          > i found a way of doing so. however, i've lost most of
          > my notes on the files i opened up and recorded the
          > structure of. let me look around a bit and see if i
          > can find any of it. it revolves around forbidden.dat,
          > however, on the classic.
          >
          > trev
          >
          > --- iosonorob <roberto.pascale@g...> wrote:
          >
          > > Hi everybody,
          > > Is It possible add an icon in cybiko classic desktop
          > > at the same level
          > > of games and application?
          > > Is it possible remove the game's or application's
          > > icon?
          > >
          > > Thank.
          > >
          > > Rob.
          > >

          > __________________________________
          > Discover Yahoo!
          > Stay in touch with email, IM, photo sharing and more. Check it
          out!
          > http://discover.yahoo.com/stayintouch.html
        • catblackcode
          Message 4 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
            > Hi everybody,
            > Is It possible add an icon in cybiko classic desktop at the same
            level
            > of games and application?
            > Is it possible remove the game's or application's icon?
            > Thank.
            > Rob.

            I noticed Buda was referring to the Extreme when he mentioned
            desktop.dat. Actually I never heard of the blank line way before.
            However, I've seen several programs that use root on the top line of
            the root.inf file and they display on the main desktop. I haven't
            tryed it myself, though.
            As for the other questions about eliminating the games or apps folder,
            you can't because it's hard-coded. There are no real folders or
            directories on the classic.