CYBIKO USB Port

  • picmanjim
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 6, 2004
      All,

      Does anyone know if the Cybiko can act as a USB Host? Or are they
      strictly slaves only? Or can the USB bits be wiggled using either
      the std sdk or the sdk pro version? Answers to these questions
      would be very much appreciated.

      Thanks and Regards,

      picmanjim
    • Kevin Olalde
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 6, 2004
        If I remember correctly, the USB port was never exposed in the SDK.

        Kevin

        picmanjim wrote:

        > All,
        >
        > Does anyone know if the Cybiko can act as a USB Host? Or are they
        > strictly slaves only? Or can the USB bits be wiggled using either
        > the std sdk or the sdk pro version? Answers to these questions
        > would be very much appreciated.
        >
        > Thanks and Regards,
        >
        > picmanjim

      • gengar560
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 7, 2004
          That's right, it never was (in neither standard or pro). However, if
          you use the serial port functions, the output can go through the USB
          port to the USB Console on your computer. It's pretty limited though
          (only good for debugging and maybe a little more).

          --- In CybikoDev@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Olalde <kevin@o...> wrote:
          > If I remember correctly, the USB port was never exposed in the SDK.
          >
          > Kevin
          >
          > picmanjim wrote:
          >
          > > All,
          > >
          > > Does anyone know if the Cybiko can act as a USB Host? Or are they
          > > strictly slaves only? Or can the USB bits be wiggled using either
          > > the std sdk or the sdk pro version? Answers to these questions
          > > would be very much appreciated.
          > >
          > > Thanks and Regards,
          > >
          > > picmanjim

        • michael Turney
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 8, 2004
            I am writing a serial programmer for a microcontroller and am a novice do you
            know if the serial on the usb Dio and clock are running at 9600 baud for the
            extreme I have seen two documents one said 15k. one of the pin outs says
            nc on it is that the clock. This goes into the question is the port compatible
            for both usb and standard uart serial protocal.   Magne Bucket

            gengar560 <ygroups@...> wrote:
            That's right, it never was (in neither standard or pro). However, if
            you use the serial port functions, the output can go through the USB
            port to the USB Console on your computer. It's pretty limited though
            (only good for debugging and maybe a little more).

            --- In CybikoDev@yahoogroups.com, Kevin Olalde <kevin@o...> wrote:
            > If I remember correctly, the USB port was never exposed in the SDK.
            >
            > Kevin
            >
            > picmanjim wrote:
            >
            > > All,
            > >
            > > Does anyone know if the Cybiko can act as a USB Host?  Or are they
            > > strictly slaves only?   Or can the USB bits be wiggled using either
            > > the std sdk or the sdk pro version?   Answers to these questions
            > > would be very much appreciated.
            > >
            > >                                     Thanks and Regards,
            > >
            > >                                          picmanjim

            Do you Yahoo!?