Cheap XTremes

  • John Hattan
    Message 1 of 15 , Feb 3, 2002
      For Sunday only, buy.com is selling 'em for $55.

      http://www.us.buy.com/default.asp

      Click on "price mistake of the day".

      ---
      John Hattan Grand High UberPope - First Church of Shatnerology
      john@... http://www.shatnerology.com
    • John Hattan
      Message 2 of 15 , Feb 5, 2002
        Well, I bought one of the Xtremes from buy.com when they put 'em on sale for
        $60 the first time. When it arrived, though, it wouldn't turn on after I
        charged it.

        After a lengthy return and replacement, I just got my replacement Cybiko,
        and it appears to be dead too!

        Am I the only one with this problem? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

        ---
        John Hattan Sweet software for a saturnine world
        john@... http://www.thecodezone.com
      • WhollyMindless
        Message 3 of 15 , Feb 5, 2002
          Message
          You need to charge it for about 5 minutes and then reset it.  Kinda like an ATX based PC, the power isn't really a command as much as a "request".

          It took me about 3 hours to figure it out with mine.

          Rob

          Message 4 of 15 , Feb 5, 2002
            Message
            Sonofagun, the little critter's working.

            I wonder how many of those things got returned for that? It doesn't mention it in the "getting started" instructions.

            Message 5 of 15 , Feb 5, 2002
              Message
              Who reads manuals?

              Grin!
              i figured mine out rigbvht away. i read it in the manuel

              At 06:37 AM 2/5/02 -0700, you wrote:
              You need to charge it for about 5 minutes and then reset it.  Kinda like an ATX based PC, the power isn't really a command as much as a "request".

              It took me about 3 hours to figure it out with mine.

              Rob
              Well, I bought one of the Xtremes from buy.com when they put 'em on sale for
              $60 the first time. When it arrived, though, it wouldn't turn on after I
              charged it.

              After a lengthy return and replacement, I just got my replacement Cybiko,
              and it appears to be dead too!

              Am I the only one with this problem? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

              ---
              John Hattan                 Sweet software for a saturnine world
              john@...                  http://www.thecodezone.com

              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
              4b9414.jpg
              4b9432.jpg

            • WhollyMindless
              Message 6 of 15 , Feb 7, 2002
                Message
                Hey, has anyone else run into the problem on an XP box where every time the Xtreme is connected that it reloads the driver?  Apparently the driver install is reporting failure to the OS (the completed dialog says that the "driver did not install successfully", yet ezload works?

                I've got another machine it works just fine on - although I knew by then to not install the ezloader from the cd and went straight to the website....

                Any ideas?  (And I have looked at the manual now... (grin))

                Rob
                let me guesss.. meeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

                At 09:12 PM 2/5/02 -0700, you wrote:
                Who reads manuals?

                Grin!

                Well, I bought one of the Xtremes from buy.com when they put 'em on sale for
                $60 the first time. When it arrived, though, it wouldn't turn on after I
                charged it.

                After a lengthy return and replacement, I just got my replacement Cybiko,
                and it appears to be dead too!

                Am I the only one with this problem? Is there something I'm doing wrong?

                ---
                John Hattan                 Sweet software for a saturnine world
                john@...                  http://www.thecodezone.com

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                4b94142.jpg
                4b94322.jpg

                Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                57bcf0.jpg
                57bd1c.jpg

              • John Hattan
                Message 7 of 15 , Feb 7, 2002
                  Message
                  Not having that problem here.

                  Message 8 of 15 , Feb 7, 2002
                    Message
                    i have the same problem. i have given up on ezloader completely. i use my classic to download stuff and RF it over to the xtreme. slow as the dickens but more reliable than ezloader

                    Message 9 of 15 , Feb 7, 2002
                      Message
                      Kinda hard to upgrade the OS without it though...  When it takes 30 seconds to load the driver it misses the reboot of the xtreme.

                      You do crash your xtreme regularly don't you?

                      Rob

                      Message 10 of 15 , Feb 7, 2002
                        Message
                        no my xtreme is at 1.5.01 and another one at 1.5.05 and both are pretty stable

                        Message 11 of 15 , Feb 7, 2002
                          Message
                          When I program I tend to be rather "uncaring" of the OS...
[...]

                            4b941422.jpg
                            4b943222.jpg

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                            57bcf02.jpg
                            57bd1c2.jpg

                            Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                            2580080.jpg
                            258009b.jpg

                          • Mike LaCon
                            Message 13 of 15 , Feb 8, 2002
                              do you have t0o get an rma when you crash your xtreme. i just did it and i cant reset it...

                              At 09:21 PM 2/7/02 -0700, you wrote:
[...]

                              4b941425.jpg
                              4b943225.jpg

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                              57bcf05.jpg
                              57bd1c5.jpg

                              Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
                              259cbb0.jpg
                              259cbc5.jpg

                            • WhollyMindless
                              Message 14 of 15 , Feb 8, 2002
                                Message
                                Make sure it's charged up - preferrably connected to a USB port and use EZloader to upgrade the OS.  If that doesn't work, then maybe it's time to call for an RMA..

                                Note, I had some troubles with my radio earlier this week.  It couldn't find anyone on it's own, but if someone sent it a message, it got it and sync'd up right way.  I reloaded it and now it's rock solid and finds other radios instantly.  Having 5 of these suckers around is a blast.

                                Wholly

                                Message 15 of 15 , Feb 10, 2002
                                  alright, better call cybiko tommarrow

                                  At 10:10 PM 2/8/02 -0700, you wrote:
[...]