File Browser

  • DCGrendel
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 6, 2001
      Has anyone made a file browser dialog? (like the msgbox & textbox
      dialogs ernest made) This looks to be a very daunting task...
      Also, anyone know how to hook the filemanager open calls? (the way the
      mp3 player, the pic viewer, and some other offical apps do)
      I've finally gotten my movie player off the ground, right now its using
      an uncompressed format, but plays quite nicely. Now if I only had a way
      to sync the video to the mp3 playing in the background...
    • Ernest Pazera
      Message 2 of 3 , Oct 6, 2001
        i made a file list form. http://www.cybikodev.com/bin/FileListForm.zip

        its not as full featured as it could be. it will only list the files for
        one device/folder, and it doesnt sort the file names. It does support
        wildcards, though.

        Usage:

        char filename [ MAX_NAME_LEN ] ;
        value = FileListForm ( "Open File..." , "*.txt" , filename ,
        main_module.m_process ) ;

        On return, value is -1 if cancelled with Esc, -2 if a MSG_QUIT or MSG_SHUTUP
        has been recieved, or the ordinal number of the item in the list(first item
        has an ordinal value of 0). The name of the file selected is placed into
        filename.

        Message 3 of 3 , Oct 6, 2001
          You are The Man(tm). I'll be sending out a beta quite soon, and your on
          the top of the list for recipients.