Re: a question for the group

  • Joseph Nickence
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2007
      I don't think having a machine consciousness and a human consciousness in the same host is going to be possible without dire consequences to either consciousness.  Who runs the machine?  Who's will is going to dominate?

      In the future, I believe there will be "stock blank bodies", either mechanical, or biological, that a consciousness will be able to upload to.  Emphasis on blank.  Keeping the bodies online and healthy will be a single consciousness networked to the bodies.  Need a new body?  Make arrangements with the local organization/supplier/networked consciousness.  S/he simply detaches a unit, and you upload, pay your fee, and be on your way.

      If you haven't found it yet, http://www.orionsarm.com/ covers this topic rather well.  Go check it out!
    • williamfscottjr
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2007
        Human, Machine or Both? :)

        Then what about Artificial Life, Human Evolution, Genetic Engineering,
        Naturally Occurring Genetic Change, Naturally Occurring Mutation,
        Organic Device, Single Celled Organisms and Real X-men (etc.).

        So many questions. Where is God in all of this?

        Machine consciousness and a human consciousness. Hmm? Before we think
        designin these things should think of our own?

        GOD Does Not Deceive

        See 360 Yahoo Messenger Member SpiritBound and Blog SpiritBnd
        http://360.yahoo.com/my_profile-9UnQtqgmcqpjsjOrAyCKxXddu_S0w6s-?cq=1
        SpiritBound