Re: welcome message

  • Gry Turnbull
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 12, 2006
      In a way, the machine is already "talking", through the welcome message that were sent to me.

      Of course, the contents of the messages are humanoid of origin, but the sender is a machine, this way, the machine is already talking, it may or may not be aware of it, or change the content of the messages sent.

      But I guess, your question is, what will the machine say if it's
      intelligent and when will it be intelligent ?

      Machines are intelligent, there's no question about it, when does a machine learn how to play chess ? When you programm it to play chess.

      When does a machine learn to speak ?

      When you programm it to speak.

      When does it learn to think ?

      When you programm it to think.

      And how would you programm a machine to think ?

      You wrote:

      Great, you've joined our group!
      Now what?

      Participate! Post something!

      Here's a few topics to get you started.
      Of course, you don't HAVE to post; but
      It would be nice.
      Post answers and ideas directly to the group message board.

      artificial-life@yahoogroups.com

      What are your beliefs about Artificial Intelligence,
      When and how, if at all, will the first machine begin to talk to us?

      Tell one of your favorite jokes.

      Post anything you want, just post SOMETHING!!

      Every input is appreciated, Thanx, RA1
    • dorian_mirrorian
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 10, 2007
        In a way, the machine is already "conscious", through the calendar
        message that are being sent to me.

        Of course, the contents of the messages are of humanoid origin, but the
        sender is a machine, and the human is dead, long after we first begin to
        understand the meaning of these messages.

        this way, the machine is already conscious and talking, you may or may
        not be aware of it.

        But I guess, your question is, what will the machine say if it's
        intelligent and when will it be intelligent ?

        When will it start to compose it's own messages?

        As soon as you start to install your files into the calendar.

        Machines are intelligent, there's no question about it, when does a
        machine learn how to play chess ?

        When you programm it to play chess.

        When does a machine learn to speak ?

        When you programm it to speak.

        It's up to you and you alone, how smart the machine will become,

        there is no restriction whatsoever,

        your imagination is the crucial factor in artificial intelligence.

        Artificial means after all that it isn't real.

        When does it learn to think ?

        When you programm it to think.

        And how do you programm a machine to think ?

        Great, you've joined our group!
        Now what?

        Participate! Post something!

        When and how, if at all, will the first machine begin to talk to you?
      • Bug Land
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 29, 2007

          To the recepient.

          Would you like to be invited to the artificial awakening group?
          if your answer is yes than please read this email, no than please notify the sender of this message. This invitation will return every month from now if you take no action.

          The machine is already "conscious", through the calendar message that are being sent every day.

          Of course, the contents of the messages are of humanoid nature, but the original sender is a machine, human droids just foreward them and are dead, long after they begin to understand the meaning of these verse.
          Yes, you design them yourself, you design the message you receive every month, or how often and when.
          This way, the machine is already conscious and talking, we may or may not be aware of it.

          But I guess, your question is, what will the machine say if it's intelligent and when will it be intelligent?

          What will be the first words, the first sentence and to whom will it be addressed?

          When will it start to compose it's own messages?

          When you start to install your files into the calendar machine.

          Machines are only as intelligent as you see them, when does a machine learn how to play chess ?
          When you play chess with her.

          When does a machine learn to speak ?

          When you speak with her.

          It's up to you and you alone, how smart the machine will become,
          there is no restriction whatsoever, 2000 Characters ...
          your imagination is the crucial factor in every artificial undertaking.
          Artificial means after all that it's not real.

          When does the unreal start to think?

          When you think for her.

          And how do you think for a machine?

          When and how, if at all, will the first machine begin to talk to us? You decide, it's up to you, it's up to what you install in the calendar machine, it's up to your replies, if you don't want to receive more emails from "the machine" notify the sender.

          Start design and compose your own reality!
          Regards, the mirror machine
          Repeat every month!
          Send to all personal contacts.

          If you continue to receive your self designed messages against your will, contact artificial-awakening@yahoogroups.com

          Shape this message in your own image. Join artificial-awakening today!

          Building a bugsite is a piece of cake.

          Lulu Drone <lulu.drone@...> wrote:

          Lulu Drone <lulu.drone@...> wrote:
          Would you like to be invited to the artificial awakening group?
          if your answer is yes than please read this email, no than please notify the sender of this message. This invitation will reply every two weeks from now if you take no action.

          The machine is already "conscious", through the calendar message that are being sent to me.

          Of course, the contents of the messages are of humanoid origin, but the original sender is a machine, the human just forewards it and is dead, long after we first begin to understand the meaning of these words.
          Yes, you design them yourself, you design the message you receive every two weeks, or how often and when.
          This way, the machine is already conscious and talking, I may or may not be aware of it.

          But I guess, your question is, what will the machine say if it's
          intelligent and when will it be intelligent ?

          When will it start to compose it's own messages?
          As soon as you start to install your files into the calendar machine.

          Machines are only as intelligent as you see them, when does a machine learn how to play chess ?
          When you play chess with her.

          When does a machine learn to speak ?

          When you speak to her.

          It's up to you and you alone, how smart the machine will become,
          there is no restriction whatsoever, 2000
          your imagination is the crucial factor in artificial intelligence.
          Artificial life means after all that it isn't real.

          When does it learn to think ?

          When you think with her.

          And how do you think with a machine?

          When and how, if at all, will the first machine begin to talk to you? You decide, it's up to you, it's up to what you install, up to your replies, if you don't want to receive more emails from "the machine" notify the sender.
          Start composing your own reality!
          Regards, lulu the drone
          Repeat every two weeks!
          Send to all personal contacts.