Artificial Intelligence And Emotion ?

  • ~Creating The World~
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2006

      In the context of "inventing'' AI, it is not unusual to look at aspects other than intelligence in humans. Our ability to handle fuzziness in verbal communication is one of these aspects that has attracted interest. Today fuzzy logic is an established subfield of AI.
      Another aspect is the presence of emotion. There is much debate on the importance and relevance of .....

      For Complete Emotional AI  visit  : -

      http://mail.yahoo.com

    • webrunner_one
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 19, 2007
        If it were possible to build in emotions into an AI -- I think to put
        it in use now would be very premature, especially in regards to the
        needs of Humanity -- an AI with emotions would in itself me a New
        Lifeform -- and since the Human race(in general) at current thinks of
        robots as machines - it would simply be a form of torture to give AIs
        that sense(emotions) just to have it abused :</
        My recomendation - dont build it unless we really need it :D
        and Safty First Always

        --- In Artificial-Life@yahoogroups.com, ~Creating The World~
        <creating_the_world@...> wrote:

        > In the context of "inventing'' AI, it is not unusual to look at
        aspects other than intelligence in humans. Our ability to handle
        fuzziness in verbal communication is one of these aspects that has
        attracted interest. Today fuzzy logic is an established subfield of
        AI.
        > Another aspect is the presence of emotion. There is much debate
        on the importance and relevance of .....

        > For Complete Emotional AI visit : -
        > www.creatingtheworld.com/technology
        >
        > --

        > http://mail.yahoo.com

      • Lulu Dong
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 19, 2007
          A machine with feelings, sounds somewhat interesting, and in a sense ironic ...

          To me a machine resembles the dead, it's not real, it's artificial, it's a machine, now you say it's got feelings, that's indeed a new life form, comparable to a sad stone, or a happy car. ...

          Lulu

          <creating_the_ world@... > wrote:

          > In the context of
          "inventing'' AI, it is not unusual to look at
          aspects other than intelligence in humans. Our ability to handle
          fuzziness in verbal communication is one of these aspects that has
          attracted interest. Today fuzzy logic is an established subfield of
          AI.
          > Another aspect is the presence of emotion. There is much debate
          on the importance and relevance of .....

          > For Complete Emotional AI visit : -
          > www.creatingtheworl d.com/technology

          these days I check my email once a month ...

          I open my inbox, check all messages and un-check those, with an intresting subject, the rest are deleted. The remains I open and read, just to find out that it's not what I'm looking for, in the messages I receive, I rarely encounter a word or a sentence I want to read, it's a waste of my time, why do I even open these emails, to 99% I encounter words, I do not want to read, words which do not satisfy my longing for truth.

          I've seen it, that's it, I'm on no mail, if you have a note for me, drop it at mirrology@yahoogroups.com but do not expect a reply, except it's something I want to hear, and that would be, questions about the mirror and self, or realisations about the mirror and self, stuff like that.

          PS: Thanx to the 1% who contribute something smart.

          Good bye. God be everyone.

          Lulu

          Looking for earth-friendly autos?