Re: [Cussler-DirkPitt] Re: Article about Clive

  • Nancy Temple
    Message 1 of 5 , May 1, 2000
      I wrote a thank you not to the author of the article. Here is my letter to
      her followed by her reply. Thought you all may be interested.
      --
      --Nancy
      ICQ #17594535

      (My message to Ms. Hancock)
      I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful article you wrote about my
      absolute favorite author: Clive Cussler. He is the one and only person I
      have ever written a fan letter to. He was kind enough to write me back (a
      handwritten letter) within about two or three weeks. I am like you in that I
      don't understand why he is not more famous. We need more people like you out
      there to spread the good word. Thanks again.
      --
      --Nancy
      ICQ #17594535

      P.S. Screenplay? Did he say screenplay? That both scares me and excites me.
      Don't want to see another hatchet job of one his books.

      (Her reply)
      >I just wanted to thank you for the wonderful article you wrote about my
      >absolute favorite author: Clive Cussler.

      Thanks for such a lovely message! I agree - he's a wonderful person - he was
      really sweet over the phone and we had a chuckle or two. He was less
      intimidating than what I thought he would be and heavens know why I thought
      that - maybe because of Dirk Pitt? LOL.

      >P.S. Screenplay? Did he say screenplay? That both scares me and excites me.
      >Don't want to see another hatchet job of one his books.

      Welcome to the club! It sounds like he'll have his hands in this one a lot
      more, so let's cross our fingers and hope it comes out good. And that George
      Clooney or the guy from U-571 don't get the part of Dirk Pitt. I still think
      Sam Neill would do a killer job.

      Jayne
    • Jean Farrow
      Message 2 of 5 , May 1, 2000
        Atta girl, Nancy. Good for you. What a nice response. She sounds
        like one of us and I, for another, sincerely hope that Clooney or the
        guy from U-571 won't get the part of DP either.

        Jean