Re: Cussler

  • Lina
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 11, 2012
      What I'd like to know is why in the first place did Dirk ever accept Jr and Summer as his children in the first place? For all he knew they were con artists or something... :(

      --- In Cussler-DirkPitt@yahoogroups.com, Ed Homa <thunderball302@...> wrote:

      > i think that is is safe to say that most of us started out as huge Dirk Pitt/Clive Cussler fans.  in fact it was Pitt/Cussler that brought me into thrillers.
      >
      > are most of you like me and would like to see Dirk, Jr. & Summer Pitt in a diving bell that is crushed at the bottom of the ocean and these two forgotten?  or maybe like the famous Dallas episode of many years ago Dirk, Sr. wake up and the he finds out that his two kids were just an ugly dream?  am i the only one that thinks that the kids are the biggest mistake Cussler has ever made?
      >
      > Dirk Pitt
      > Kurt Austin/NUMA Files
      > The Oregon Files
      > Isaac Bell
      > Fargo Adventures
      >
      > above are the series that the "Cussler Publishing House" is putting out.
      >
      > is it time to stop Dirk Pitt?  if Dirk Pitt continues should Dirk Cussler be replaced as author?  do you think Clive would pull the plug on his son?
      >
      > what is your favorite Cussler series?  currently i read all of them regularly except for Isaac Bell -  have only read the first once, i enjoyed it i just haven't gone back for more.
      >
      > my favorite series is hands down the Fargo Adventures.  i will admit that there is more potential there - that the books could be better - but i like the characters and the concept of the series.  i look for Thomas Perry, the new writer of the series to take the series to the next level.
      >
      > Ed

    • Ed Homa
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 11, 2012
        because Cussler was trying to give the series new legs  ;-)   - which failed in my opinion.  and Dirk Cussler needs to go as mush as the kids do!

        Ed

        --- In mailto:Cussler-DirkPitt%40yahoogroups.com, Ed Homa <thunderball302@...> wrote:

        > i think that is is safe to say that most of us started out as huge Dirk Pitt/Clive Cussler fans.  in fact it was Pitt/Cussler that brought me into thrillers.
        >
        > are most of you like me and would like to see Dirk, Jr. & Summer Pitt in a diving bell that is crushed at the bottom of the ocean and these two forgotten?  or maybe like the famous Dallas episode of many years ago Dirk, Sr. wake up and the he finds out that his two kids were just an ugly dream?  am i the only one that thinks that the kids are the biggest mistake Cussler has ever made?
        >
        > Dirk Pitt
        > Kurt Austin/NUMA Files
        > The Oregon Files
        > Isaac Bell
        > Fargo Adventures
        >
        > above are the series that the "Cussler Publishing House" is putting out.
        >
        > is it time to stop Dirk Pitt?  if Dirk Pitt continues should Dirk Cussler be replaced as author?  do you think Clive would pull the plug on his son?
        >
        > what is your favorite Cussler series?  currently i read all of them regularly except for Isaac Bell -  have only read the first once, i enjoyed it i just haven't gone back for more.
        >
        > my favorite series is hands down the Fargo Adventures.  i will admit that there is more potential there - that the books could be better - but i like the characters and the concept of the series.  i look for Thomas Perry, the new writer of the series to take the series to the next level.
        >
        > Ed

      • Lina
        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 12, 2012
          When I see the so-called kids involved I don't bother checking out or buying the book. BTW isn't that what tv series do when desperate to get ratings for their dying show? Use kids?

          --- In Cussler-DirkPitt@yahoogroups.com, Ed Homa <thunderball302@...> wrote:

          > because Cussler was trying to give the series new legs  ;-)   - which failed in my opinion.  and Dirk Cussler needs to go as mush as the kids do!
          >
          > Ed

        • Ed Homa
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 14, 2012
            i don't know what is going on with Jack and his Phillip Mercer books - i have heard that his publisher is waiting for one and is ready to publish one when it is turned it.

            i imagine that the Cussler/Oregon Files provides a solid paycheck - a more regular paycheck than his solo novels provides.

            Ed

            I enjoy Jack DuBrul as a co-Author, but I'd really like to see him release some more of his original series books. The Oregon Files have changed quite a bit since he took over as co-author of the story. I haven't had much time to read since I got out of the Army, but I do have 2 Cussler books sitting on my night stand waiting to be started. I wouldn't say Dirk and Summer were the worst mistakes Cussler ever made, but I really don't care much for leaving the sr. Pitt out of the stories, so I don't venture into those books as much as I used to. I've wanted to get into the westerns like the Chase but I started it and couldn't keep with it for some reason, I need to try again.
            Josh