the Bourne Sanction

  • Ed Homa
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3, 2008
      i picked up the newest Bourne novel by Lustbader - i have been somewhat busy this week - so i'm only 150 pages into it - but i have to tell you - i'm really enjoying it.

      i don't know why - but i'm one of the few that seems to have a problem with others writing Bourne's adventures.  maybe because i grew up with comics where creative teams change all of the time on titles.

      but in my mind this isn't Ludlum's Bourne just like the Matt Damon Bourne isn't the Ludlum Bourne.  for me the Ludlum Bourne is in the Ludlum universe somewhere not having adventures and the Matt Damon movie Bourne is a completely different character.  but the Lustbader Bourne in my mind is a Bourne with a past something like the Ludlum Bourne but in a different universe - a different character.  just like the Larkin Covert One isn;t Lynd's Covert One nor is Cobb's Covert One Lynd's or Larkin's.  they all have similar histories but exist in different universes.  the same as all of the different Bonds.

      Ed