The Global Frequency

  • michael j norton
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 4, 2008
      Hey all, haven't heard from the lists for a bit. Haven't had the chance
      to read much Cussler or adventure since I'm reading the Brother Cadfael
      novels. However, for fans of the techno-thriller genre I have a
      recommendation. I just watched the unaired pilot for a show called
      "Global Frequency". Based on a 12 issue comic by Warren Ellis with a
      different artist every issue, it's the story of a covert organization
      working to solve the problems created by governmental secret programs.

      This is the only time I've ever watched a show with people typing on
      computers as a main point and not been bored. It's fast, suspenseful
      and has a good cast including Michelle Forbes and the always adorable
      and great Aimee Garcia. If you can get ahold of it online I can't
      recommend it enough. It was not picked up and WB says it won't ever put
      it out on dvd because of it's popularity on torrent.

      Col
      "Mike's art was about hope, not hopelessness. He drew heroes, not
      martyrs. And if that was wrong, thank you Mike for never being
      right."-Karl Kessel, on his friend Mike Wieringo.