Re: Atlantis Found

  • - TomCricetus
    Message 1 of 16 , Jan 3, 2000
      Wow, I have been off line for a awhle, and I hadn't realized how much the
      list had grown over the past couple of weeks. Must have been the release of
      Atlantis.

      Speaking of which, to repeat what everyone else said, it is great. I am only
      about halfway through it, and it already ranks up there as a great one. (not
      that all of Cussler's books aren't good.) I think one of the reasons I like
      Cussler's books so much is that the is willing to go into themes that have
      been discussed many times (Atlantis, Alexandra's Library, etc.) that other
      authors wouldn't touch with a ten foot pole, and give them new life. It was
      fascinating to hear his discriptions, ficitional or no, of the Amenes
      culture.

      -Tom
    • ed homa
      Message 2 of 16 , Jan 4, 2000
        --- twohams@... wrote:

        > Just started it and it is another page turner.
        >
        > Reread Serpent last week and I have a question
        > in all the Pitt stories
        > somewhere CC makes an appearance but I did not
        > notice him pop up in Serpent
        > or did I just miss it.

        if i remember correctly CC wasn't in SERPENT -
        then again CC didn't write SERPENT.
        http://messenger.yahoo.com
      • ed homa
        Message 3 of 16 , Jan 4, 2000
          --- SDDSDDEAN@... wrote:
          > I think I am right in saying that Mr C only
          > appears in novels after 'Dragon'
          > (where he races DP at classic car rally). I
          > think 'Serpent' was mainly
          > written by that other bloke whos name escapes
          > me (but not Craig Dirgo) and
          > that is why Mr C does not appear
          >
          > Simon

          i think that you are right - that DRAGON is the
          first book CC appears in - CC started doing it
          late in the run.
          http://messenger.yahoo.com
        • Colierrannd2@aol.com
          Message 4 of 16 , Jul 8, 2001
            Read it. Loved it.

            Even though I thought it could have been improved by not "stealing" so much
            from the past books.I do think CC is getting ready to retire Pitt or
            something is about to go really big.

            Does anyone else wonder if the "Vahalla"-project that the Wolf's had going on
            is related to "Vahalla Rising"?

            Any thoughts?

            Col
          • ed homa
            Message 5 of 16 , Jul 9, 2001
              --- Colierrannd2@... wrote:
              > Read it. Loved it.
              >
              > Even though I thought it could have been improved by
              > not "stealing" so much
              > from the past books.I do think CC is getting ready
              > to retire Pitt or
              > something is about to go really big.
              >
              > Does anyone else wonder if the "Vahalla"-project
              > that the Wolf's had going on
              > is related to "Vahalla Rising"?
              >
              > Any thoughts?
              >
              > Col

              i think you are right that CC has something big
              planned for DP - either retiring or something else....

              i never did put two and two together, the Vahalla
              project of the Wolf's - and the title of the next book
              - VAHALLA RISING - maybe you're on to something! i
              wouldn't mind seeing the Wolf's again.

              just back from the beach where i read :

              DEEP SIX

              SABLE by mike grell

              DEEP FATHOM by james rollins

              here is the info on DEEP FATHOM, a new release:

              Deep Fathom
              Paperback, 464 Pages, HarperCollins Publishers, July
              2001
              ISBN: 0380818809

              Author: Rollins, James

              Subject / Style: Fiction & Literature : Adventure
              Review: "Suspenseful, energetic . . . enjoyable in its
              loving embrace of adventure novel traditions, its
              sturdy declarative prose, and its clever delineation
              of a fantastic setting. . . . It'll make the hours on
              the beach fly by". --Publishers Weekly

              "A thrilling journey through an underground world of
              beauty and horror. . . . It kept me turning pages well
              into the night". --New York Times bestselling author
              John Saul

              The millennium's first eclipse of the sun cast a
              shroud over the Earth. And then catastrophe struck...

              On the day the end began...
              Solar flares have triggered a series of gargantuan
              natural disasters. Earthquakes and hellfire rock the
              globe. The death toll rises at an unimaginable rate.
              And in the midst of chaos, Air Force One and America's
              president have vanished from the skies.

              The sea revealed a mystery...
              Ex-Navy SEAL Jack Kirkland surfaces from an aborted
              underwater salvage mission to find the Earth burning
              -- and the U.S. on the narrow brink of a nuclear
              apocalypse. Now, aboard his oceangoing exploration
              ship, Deep Fathom, Kirkland is on a desperate mission
              that is leading him to an earth-shattering discovery
              miles below the ocean's surface. For devastating
              secrets and a power an ancient civilization could not
              contain have been cast out into a modern day -- and
              they will forever alter a world racing toward its own
              destruction.

              About the Author: Rollins, with an undergraduate focus
              on evolutionary biology, graduated with a doctorate in
              veterinary medicine in 1985 from the University of
              Missouri and went on to establish his own veterinary
              practice in Sacramento, California.

              http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
            • MURBOO@AOL.COM
              Message 6 of 16 , Jul 9, 2001
                Hi all,

                Hope your summer is fun.  Am finishing up the 3rd book in the Lord of The
                Rings.  Bought LTR on CD this morning at Sam's.  Jacob wanted it and
                hopefully I will learn how to pronounce everything correctly.

                I emailed The Poisoned Pen yesterday to find out how they are going to handle
                their book signing in August.  I think I have Tim talked into leaving the
                boys with friends and us going over to Scottsdale.  I pulled up a map and it
                is 428 miles one way, but it is worth it.

                I emailed them so I am better prepared than last time.  I wanted to know if
                they were going to do the ticket thing that I ran into in New Mexico, don't
                want to make a wasted trip.  Wish me luck!

                Anna, I always watched Battle Star Galactica too!  Jessica and I loved that
                show.

                Jean, email me, I have a recipe from my Grandmother for you.

                Jessica's baby should be here next Monday!

                Take care,
                Janice
              • Frank
                Message 7 of 16 , Jul 9, 2001
                  I just have to decide if I want to go to Bethesda, MD or Arlington,
                  VA. Hmmm, maybe I'll go to both.