Bond buzz

  • Ed Homa
    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 1, 2006
      has anyone heard any buzz about the new Bond movie or a new Bod novel?

      Ed

      Do you Yahoo!?
    • michael j norton
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 2, 2006
        Sorry to say Ed but I've not been paying attention to the new movie
        since I'm not happy with the way things are going there. I wasn't aware
        of a new book but if it's decent (and makes Bond more than a glorified
        gangster who can play poker as well as a Pepsi can) I'd love to know
        about it.

        Col
        On Jul 1, 2006, at 6:11 PM, Ed Homa wrote:

        > has anyone heard any buzz about the new Bond movie or a new Bod novel?
        >
        > Ed
        " Let me start by saying that I don’t think most Evangelicals should be
        thought of as anything like extremists. They have a personal religion
        which is concerned with revelation and salvation; but they are shaped
        by their leaders – LaHaye and others – into a force on behalf of a
        pretty aggressive Christianity, which has come up with a world view of
        almost Jesus the terminator; and then, God so loved you that He’s
        bringing you World War III."-Kevin Phillips
      • Ed Homa
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 23, 2006
          hey if the pepsi can has a good product placement deal!  LOL

          Ed

          michael j norton <colierrannd@...> wrote:
          Sorry to say Ed but I've not been paying attention to the new movie
          since I'm not happy with the way things are going there. I wasn't aware
          of a new book but if it's decent (and makes Bond more than a glorified
          gangster who can play poker as well as a Pepsi can) I'd love to know
          about it.

          Col
          On Jul 1, 2006, at 6:11 PM, Ed Homa wrote:

          > has anyone heard any buzz about the new Bond movie or a new Bod novel?
          >
          > Ed
          " Let me start by saying that I don’t think most Evangelicals should be
          thought of as anything like extremists. They have a personal religion
          which is concerned with revelation and salvation; but they are shaped
          by their leaders – LaHaye and others – into a force on behalf of a
          pretty aggressive Christianity, which has come up with a world view of
          almost Jesus the terminator; and then, God so loved you that He’s
          bringing you World War III."-Kevin Phillips

          http://us.click.yahoo.com/6pRQfA/fOaOAA/yQLSAA/CkIolB/TM

          http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        • Ed Homa
          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 24, 2006
            Matthew Reilly writes in the style of the Bind movies - and he'd be spectacular at it - but i'm not sure if that is what i really want.  i think he could do movie Bond with ease and would have to work to make his Bond closer to Fleming - which i would rather see.  if he could do a Garder-like Bond which combines a Fleming Bond with the movie Bond i'd like to see that.

            i never thought of Morrell - but i think you might be on something here - Morrell could do a very Fleming-like Bond!

            Ed

            I vote for Reilly.  He writes more in that style, in my opinion.  Have you considered David Morrell?
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 25, 2006
              Hmmmmmmmmmmmm...................i never thought of Eric Lustbader - but he just might work - he just might work!

              Ed

              pascalbear@... wrote:
              I would love to see Lee Child take a turn at Bond. This man can write, twist and turn any plot, and write an ending that is unexpected. Each of his books leaves you wanting more. Of course he would have no problem with the British plot lines either as he is from Great Britain. Jack Reacher  is a wonderful rich character. Although I am a 52 year old woman I find Lee Child's novels very engrossing. I can never predict the next page and unlike many of Morrell books they don't all seem alike. I am a Morrell fan too but after reading so many he is somewhat predictable now.  But the one author I didn't see mentioned is Eric Lustbader who has the more than enough talent to write any Bond project.

              Terri Pascal

              The greatest power that a person possesses is the power to choose.
                  - J. Martin Kohe

              http://mail.yahoo.com

            • michael j norton
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 25, 2006
                I've never read Lustbader. Any suggestions?

                Oh and Teri, I LOVE the sig!

                Col