REILLY

  • R.Stephens
    Message 1 of 6 , May 1, 2003
      i havent posted here in a while. been too busy reading heh. i just
      reread all of the area 51 series by doherty cause i finally got the
      last book heh. (i've heard rumors of another series as a sequel? i
      hope its true) anyone here who has read the series, if you've got
      the time, read it again. it makes a whole lot more sense.

      well anyway, on to my real topic of this post... i ran across
      reilly's area 7 in paperback at wal mart the other day so i picked
      it up, and little did i know it had scarecrow in it again... so my
      reading ethics tell me i have to reread ice station to catch up on
      my scarecrow character... (as much character developement as there
      is in ice station lol) before i can read area 7. so i just
      finished the 2nd incursion, and had to take a break lol. too much
      excitement for one sitting. its even more unbelievable the 2nd
      time through, yet i still cant put it down.

      anyway, after i read area 7 i'm going to be at a loss for something
      to read. anyone got any suggestions?

      i remember seeing a book a while back, and someone even posted on
      here about it, about a spy or agent of some sort, who fakes his own
      death for some reason. then his wife recognizes him in a picture of
      something and realizes he's still alive.

      anyone know the name of this book? i keep looking for it, but i
      cant remember the title or author. so that makes it a bit hard to
      find.
    • Ed Homa
      Message 2 of 6 , May 6, 2003

        "R.Stephens" <cactusinacoffeecan@...> wrote:

        <<<<<i havent posted here in a while.  been too busy reading heh.  i just
        reread all of the area 51 series by doherty cause i finally got the
        last book heh.  (i've heard rumors of another series as a sequel? i
        hope its true)  anyone here who has read the series,  if you've got
        the time, read it again.  it makes a whole lot more sense.  >>>>>

        i haven't read any of the AREA 51 books - but yes i have also heard that there will be another series coming out of thre end of this series.  but i have no details.

        could you please give me a little info on what the AREA 51 series is about?

        <<<<<well anyway, on to my real topic of this post...  i ran across
        reilly's area 7 in paperback at wal mart the other day so i picked
        it up, and little did i know it had scarecrow in it again... so my
        reading ethics tell me i have to reread ice station to catch up on
        my scarecrow character... (as much character developement as there
        is in ice station lol)  before i can read area 7.  so i just
        finished the 2nd incursion, and had to take a break lol.  too much
        excitement for one sitting.    its even more unbelievable the 2nd
        time through, yet i still cant put it down.  >>>>>

        yeah, ICE STATION is a little unbelievevable but it is VERY exciting - it is a favorite of mine.

        <<<<<anyway, after i read area 7 i'm going to be at a loss for something
        to read. anyone got any suggestions? >>>>>

        have you tried dan brown?  his latest - the Da Vinci Code has been in the top ten since it was released.

        <<<<<i remember seeing a book a while back, and someone even posted on
        here about it, about a spy or agent of some sort, who fakes his own
        death for some reason.  then his wife recognizes him in a picture of
        something and realizes he's still alive.

        anyone know the name of this book?  i keep looking for it, but i
        cant remember the title or author. so that makes it a bit hard to
        find.  >>>>>

        i'd like to read that book too - but i don't recall hearing about it.

        have you read anything by James Rollins?

        Ed vacationing in HOT Naples, FL

        Do you Yahoo!?
      • R.Stephens
        Message 3 of 6 , May 6, 2003
          Yes i've read rollins, subteranean (spelling?) deep fathom, and i
          wnat to say something with a temple. dont remember the exact title.
          i'm waiting for goliath to hit paperback, (it may already be, but i
          havent run across it yet)

          and as for area 51...

          Mike Turcotte is newly assigned to area 51 security force, and
          things just tumble from there. but a quick rundown...

          alien artifacts discovered on earth prove they were here over 10,000
          years ago. and mike and a few rogue people are racing to figure out
          why they were here and what their intentions are now that they are
          coming back... all the while fighting the aliens minions still on
          earth. and it rewrites the whole history of mankind. everything
          from the sphinx and the grail, to arthur and excalibur.

          its a very good story. reading reilly again now i see alot of
          similarity with area 51.

          but all in all, a VERY VERY good series. but be prepared to be
          confused lol. so many twists and turns, and differnet groups doing
          different things and have to keep track whose doing what and for who
          and what reason. ugh lol.

          --- In Cussler-DirkPitt@yahoogroups.com, Ed Homa

        • thunderagent@aol.com
          Message 4 of 6 , May 8, 2003
            In a message dated 5/7/03 1:14:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cactusinacoffeecan@... writes:

            Yes i've read rollins, subteranean (spelling?) deep fathom, and i
            wnat to say something with a temple. dont remember the exact title.
            i'm waiting for goliath to hit paperback, (it may already be, but i
            havent run across it yet)

            GOLIATH is by Steve Alten and TEMPLE is by Matthew Reilly.

            i borrowed GOLIATH from the library last year and enjoyed it and one of the characters is a fellow University of Delaware Blue Hen (that didn't hurt!  in fact steve himself went to grad school at Delaware)

            Ed in Wilmington, DE
          • thunderagent@aol.com
            Message 5 of 6 , May 8, 2003
              In a message dated 5/7/03 1:14:31 AM Eastern Daylight Time, cactusinacoffeecan@... writes:

              but all in all, a VERY VERY good series.  but be prepared to be
              confused lol. so many twists and turns, and differnet groups doing
              different things and have to keep track whose doing what and for who
              and what reason.  ugh lol.

              thanks for the info - do you know anything about the new series coming out of this one?

              Ed
            • R.Stephens
              Message 6 of 6 , May 8, 2003
                ah yes. goliath by alten. i goofed up there.. what is the name of
                rollins' new one then?

                and yes i know temple is by reilly. but rollins book had something
                with the amazon and a temple of some sorts. i just dont remember
                the title.

                but i've now started 'relic' by Preson/Child. i'm hoping for a
                better ending than ice limit, and riptide.