Re: spenser

  • archdude@xxxx.xxx
    Message 1 of 16 , Oct 1, 1999

      >does anyone read robert parker's spenser?

      when I can

      >has anyone taken notice that he has created 2 new
      >characters
      >
      >- jesse stone (2 novels out the first is
      >available in paperback and the second in
      >hardback).
      >
      >and
      >
      >- sunny randle a lady - her first adventure is
      >available in hardback.

      oh THIS is news (one goes into the hospital for a few days and look what
      happens........)
      how does she compare to spencer and hawk?
      mike
    • ed homa
      Message 2 of 16 , Oct 1, 1999
        --- archdude@... wrote:
        > From: archdude@...
        >

        > >does anyone read robert parker's spenser?
        > >
        > when I can
        >
        > >has anyone taken notice that he has created 2
        > new
        > >characters
        > >
        > >- jesse stone (2 novels out the first is
        > >available in paperback and the second in
        > >hardback).
        > >
        > >and
        > >
        > >- sunny randle a lady - her first adventure is
        > >available in hardback.
        > >
        > oh THIS is news (one goes into the hospital for
        > a few days and look what
        > happens........)
        > how does she compare to spencer and hawk?
        > mike

        in the hospital? is everything okay?

        it is only out in hardback - i'll pick it up next
        year in paperback.

        =====
      • ed homa
        Message 3 of 16 , Oct 1, 1999
          are you also a fan of spenser?

          have you read the jesse stone novels by parker?

          =====
        • archdude@xxxx.xxx
          Message 4 of 16 , Oct 5, 1999

            >in the hospital? is everything okay?
            >
            >it is only out in hardback - i'll pick it up next
            >year in paperback.

            had a viral infection in my throat the managed to find it's way into my
            lungs....... couldn't breathe for six days. hospitals suck! (no good
            reading material ;-) )
            mike
          • archdude@xxxx.xxx
            Message 5 of 16 , Oct 5, 1999

              >are you also a fan of spenser?
              >
              >have you read the jesse stone novels by parker?

              I do read spenser (not as much as I used to tho...... the earlier books
              were better IMHO) I kind of got burned out on spenser because of
              watching the show everyday, seeing all of the movies and reading the
              majority of all of the books in an 18 month span. gotta learn to pace
              myself........
              mike
            • ed homa
              Message 6 of 16 , Oct 5, 1999
                > had a viral infection in my throat the managed
                > to find it's way into my
                > lungs....... couldn't breathe for six days.
                > hospitals suck! (no good
                > reading material ;-) )
                > mike

                i hope that everything is okay now.

                =====
              • archdude@xxxx.xxx
                Message 7 of 16 , Oct 5, 1999

                  >i hope that everything is okay now.

                  couple of shots, hand full of pills, two days on oxygen............ hell,
                  I'm almost as good as new :-)
                  (now for the bills :-( )
                  mike
                • ed homa
                  Message 8 of 16 , Oct 5, 1999
                    > I do read spenser (not as much as I used to
                    > tho...... the earlier books
                    > were better IMHO) I kind of got burned out on
                    > spenser because of
                    > watching the show everyday, seeing all of the
                    > movies and reading the
                    > majority of all of the books in an 18 month
                    > span. gotta learn to pace
                    > myself........
                    > mike

                    i agree with you - the earlier books were better
                    - but the recent ones have been good.

                    that is why i'm glad to see parker move onto new
                    characters - the second jesse stone just came out
                    in paperback - i walked into borders today as
                    they were putting it out - and the new sunny
                    randle is out in hardback.

                    i only picked up the first jesse stone a few
                    weeks ago - now i have 2 of them to read!

                    =====
                  • archdude@xxxx.xxx
                    Message 9 of 16 , Oct 5, 1999
                      >i agree with you - the earlier books were better
                      >- but the recent ones have been good.

                      for a while there, the books were flat.

                      >that is why i'm glad to see parker move onto new
                      >characters - the second jesse stone just came out
                      >in paperback - i walked into borders today as
                      >they were putting it out - and the new sunny
                      >randle is out in hardback.
                      >
                      >i only picked up the first jesse stone a few
                      >weeks ago - now i have 2 of them to read!

                      I haven't been to a bookstore in over a month. :-(
                      kind of waiting for november because all of the christmas release books
                      will be comming out.
                      have you read small vices? I hope that the book is better than the
                      movie.........
                      mike
                    • ed homa
                      Message 10 of 16 , Oct 6, 1999
                        > I haven't been to a bookstore in over a month.
                        > :-(
                        > kind of waiting for november because all of the
                        > christmas release books
                        > will be comming out.
                        > have you read small vices? I hope that the
                        > book is better than the
                        > movie.........
                        > mike

                        no - i haven't read *small vices8 yet - who
                        started in the movie?

                        =====
                      • archdude@xxxx.xxx
                        Message 11 of 16 , Oct 27, 1999

                          >no - i haven't read *small vices8 yet - who
                          >started in the movie?
                          >joe montoya played spenser (right age, wrong height and build)
                          can't remember who played susan and hawk, but they were both wrong.
                        • ed homa
                          Message 12 of 16 , Oct 27, 1999
                            --- archdude@... wrote:

                            > >no - i haven't read *small vices8 yet - who
                            > >started in the movie?
                            > >joe montoya played spenser (right age, wrong
                            > height and build)
                            > can't remember who played susan and hawk, but
                            > they were both wrong.

                            i have no problem having dirk age - but i seem to
                            have a problem having spencer age.

                            i don't see joe montoya as spencer at all! no
                            way - no how!

                            parker had robert mitcham (sp) in mind when he
                            created spencer - no matter how i try i can't see
                            him as spencer either.

                            i liked robert urich as spencer - sure he should
                            of been alittle tougher - but it was TV afterall.

                            =====
                          • archdude@xxxx.xxx
                            Message 13 of 16 , Oct 27, 1999
                              >i have no problem having dirk age - but i seem to
                              >have a problem having spencer age.
                              >
                              >i don't see joe montoya as spencer at all! no
                              >way - no how!
                              >
                              >parker had robert mitcham (sp) in mind when he
                              >created spencer - no matter how i try i can't see
                              >him as spencer either.
                              >
                              >i liked robert urich as spencer - sure he should
                              >of been alittle tougher - but it was TV afterall.

                              dude, robert urich was the reason that I sterted to read the
                              books!!!!!!!!!
                              I caught all of the shows as re-runs and I liked the acting style so I
                              picked up one of the books at 1/2 priced books and instantly fell in love
                              since the books are a similar layout to the shows. (too bad that the
                              books don't have spenser in a 67 mustang with a 302 and a m21 :-( )
                              mike
                            • ed homa
                              Message 14 of 16 , Oct 28, 1999
                                --- archdude@... wrote:

                                > >i have no problem having dirk age - but i seem
                                > >have a problem having spencer age.
                                > >
                                > >i don't see joe montoya as spencer at all! no
                                > >way - no how!
                                > >
                                > >parker had robert mitcham (sp) in mind when he
                                > >created spencer - no matter how i try i can't
                                > see
                                > >him as spencer either.
                                > >
                                > >i liked robert urich as spencer - sure he
                                > should
                                > >of been alittle tougher - but it was TV
                                > afterall.
                                > >
                                > dude, robert urich was the reason that I
                                > sterted to read the
                                > books!!!!!!!!!
                                > I caught all of the shows as re-runs and I
                                > liked the acting style so I
                                > picked up one of the books at 1/2 priced books
                                > and instantly fell in love
                                > since the books are a similar layout to the
                                > shows. (too bad that the
                                > books don't have spenser in a 67 mustang with a
                                > 302 and a m21 :-( )
                                > mike

                                i thought that the tv show a a nice *feel* to it
                                - and that it got better each season - i'd love
                                to see urich do a series of spencer tv movies.

                                if they brought spencer to the big screen - for a
                                movie series ala bond - who would you like to
                                play him?

                                =====
                              • archdude@xxxx.xxx
                                Message 15 of 16 , Oct 28, 1999
                                  >i thought that the tv show a a nice *feel* to it
                                  >- and that it got better each season - i'd love
                                  >to see urich do a series of spencer tv movies.
                                  >
                                  >if they brought spencer to the big screen - for a
                                  >movie series ala bond - who would you like to
                                  >play him?

                                  robert urich (that was easy :-) )
                                  avery brooks as hawk
                                  can't remember who played susan or frank
                                  richard jekal(sp) as lt. martin quark ret.

                                  anyone see a pattern here? :-)

                                  there are several made for tv spenser movies. BUT get the original cast
                                  togeather and do something like double duce........ that would ROCK!
                                  mike