THE SUM OF ALL FEARS

  • ed homa
    Message 1 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
> [...]
      > physically. Part of this
      > > movie is about how intelligence is really
      > important, that the CIA is not
      > > really like a gang of assassins and killers,
      > they're an
      > > intelligence-gathering operation. I like the idea
      > that information and
      > > analysis is a much more potent weapon than actual
      > physical weapons. I spent
      > > a lot of time reading up on the Cold War and
      > Russian studies, and I got
      > > really interested in the Russian Revolution of
      > 1917, which has nothing to
      > > do with this. I also went down to the CIA and
      > talked to those guys. It was
      > > fascinating! I really enjoyed it. I found the CIA
      > to be a really diverse
      > > place; it looked kind of like a graduate school in
      > some ways. The people
      > >

      > ENTERPRISE's Brannon Braga talked about Dean
      > Stockwell, who played Al to
      > Scott Bakula's Sam on QUANTUM LEAP, and his role on
      > the upcoming episode.
      >

      > <A HREF="http://www.cinescape.com/">Cinescape</A>
      > had the word:
      >
      > > In a conversation with Cinescape, ENTERPRISE
      > co-creator and co-executive
      > > producer Brannon Braga had a few things to say
      > about QUANTUM LEAP's Dean
      > > Stockwell's guest starring role in the upcoming
      > "Detained."
      > >
      > > "That's right. Dean Stockwell is going to play a
      > big villain opposite Scott
      > > Bakula," Braga said, adding, Stockwell will play
      > Col. Grat, a member of, "a
      > > whole new species. He's runs the prison where the
      > innocent Suliban are
      > > being held. Archer and this guy have a series of
      > very philosophical scenes.
      > > It seems like the perfect episode to ask Dean
      > Stockwell to do, and he was
      > > very generous to agree to do it."
      > >
      > > For the science fictionally illiterate among you,
      > Stockwell co-stared with
      > >

      > Gates McFadden, who plays Dr. Beverly Crusher in
      > STAR TREK X: NEMESIS,
      > outright praised the film.
      >

      > Cinescape had the interview:
      >
      > > ���They always seem to have half of the script on
      > the Internet before we've
      > > seen it,��� McFadden said. ���But, I'm not
      > spoiling any surprises by saying
      > > that I think that it's going to be a really good
      > film. I enjoyed filming
      > > it, and I think John Logan wrote a really good
      > script��� The story is
      > > interesting and they manage to use all of the
      > characters well. Jean-Luc
      > > Picard really does meet his match in this film,
      > which is great.���
      > >
      > > About her past irritations, she said, ���I didn't
      > think [INSURRECTION] was so
      > > strong. It was a little quick after FIRST CONTACT,
      > but that really is just
      > > a personal opinion. By comparison, I thought that
      > FIRST CONTACT was a
      > > really solid ���together' script; I loved the
      > story. I wasn't as wild about
      > > INSURRECTION, but I've talked to many people who

      http://greetings.yahoo.com
    • cactusinacoffeecan
      Message 2 of 5 , Mar 1, 2002
        affleck as jack ryan, i dont buy it. when i picture ryan, affleck
        aint him. lol. i think harrison ford did him perfectly. but who
        knows. thats what acting is, maybe he'll do a great job.

        and i aint read sum of all fears yet, i'm in the middle of clear and
        present danger now... and i bought sum of all fears and red october
        yesterday, and soon as my tax returns come back, heh, i'm going to
        get red storm rising, and patriot games, and complete the clancy
        series.
      • ed homa
        Message 3 of 5 , Mar 4, 2002
          --- cactusinacoffeecan <cactusinacoffeecan@...>
          wrote:
          > affleck as jack ryan, i dont buy it. when i
          > picture ryan, affleck
          > aint him. lol. i think harrison ford did him
          > perfectly. but who
          > knows. thats what acting is, maybe he'll do a great
          > job.
          >
          > and i aint read sum of all fears yet, i'm in the
          > middle of clear and
          > present danger now... and i bought sum of all fears
          > and red october
          > yesterday, and soon as my tax returns come back,
          > heh, i'm going to
          > get red storm rising, and patriot games, and
          > complete the clancy
          > series.

          i don't buy affleck as ryan either - but i'll see the
          movie anyway and hope to be surprised.

          PATRIOT GAMES, WITHOUT REMOURSE & EXECUTIVE DECISIONS
          are my favorite by clancy. RAINBOW SIX just misses
          that favorite list.

          ed

          http://sports.yahoo.com
        • cactusinacoffeecan
          Message 4 of 5 , Mar 5, 2002
            really? rainbow six is just one of those books to me, that i cant
            understand how someone cant like it. it definatley tops my list. but
            debt of honor-executive decisions, i think was one hell of a story.
            but i'm into clear and present danger now.. very good so far.

            i love how clancy explains things. alot of authors just write and
            tell the story (not that thats bad)... but clancy explains things,
            the guns, the planes, the helecopters, why they're being used instead
            of others. i like that, saves me the time of having to look it up
            myself. lol. (which i do alot).

          • Colierrannd2@aol.com
            Message 5 of 5 , Mar 13, 2002
              In a message dated 3/1/02 2:19:48 PM Central Standard Time, cactusinacoffeecan@... writes:

              affleck as jack ryan, i dont buy it.   when i picture ryan, affleck
              aint him. lol.  i think harrison ford did him perfectly.  but who
              knows. thats what acting is,  maybe he'll do a great job.

              Personally I thought Alec Baldwin was the perfect Jack Ryan, but what do I know...

              Col