Re: [Cussler-DirkPitt] RE: [Cussler-Dirk Pitt] Hello

  • sddsddean@aol.com
    Message 1 of 13 , Nov 1, 2001
      In a message dated 31/10/2001 18:34:14 GMT Standard Time, reggie@... writes:

      I live in London, a couple of miles from Heathrow Airport.

      Tony

      Didn't realise you were a fellow Brit. That list of JdB's novels I gave you, Idon't think you will get Pandoras Curse over here yet. I got Jean to send it to me from the US.

      Simon

      PS I live near Northampton
    • Tim Merrigan
      Message 2 of 13 , Nov 1, 2001
        They should be available from Amazon.com or BarnesandNoble.com.  I've gotten books from Amazon UK a couple of times when they weren't available in the US yet.

        sddsddean@... wrote:

        In a message dated 31/10/2001 18:34:14 GMT Standard Time, reggie@... writes:

        I live in London, a couple of miles from Heathrow Airport.

        Tony

        Didn't realise you were a fellow Brit. That list of JdB's novels I gave you, Idon't think you will get Pandoras Curse over here yet. I got Jean to send it to me from the US.

        Simon

        PS I live near Northampton
        Pitt, Dirk Pitt.

        There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreampt of in your philosophy. ---  Hamlet to Horatio;  William Shakespeare's Hamlet

        Tim Merrigan -- tppm@... -- http://people.we.mediaone.net/tppm/home.htm

        AIM:  TPPM1 -- Yahoo:  Tim_Merrigan

        Science Fiction fans please try APA-LASFS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com -- http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/APA-LASFS

      • ed homa
        Message 3 of 13 , Nov 6, 2001
          --- Tony Nicholls <reggie@...> wrote:
          > Ed
          >
          > Thanx for all the mails. I live in London, a couple
          > of miles from Heathrow
          > Airport. I am in Airfreight forwarding and have just
          > changed jobs to one
          > were I cannot read much during the day. My last job
          > was very quiet and I
          > used to complete one book every 2-3 weeks depending
          > on the time of year. Now
          > however, I have had "The Bear and the Dragon" by Tom
          > Clancy for 6 weeks and
          > am only 157 pages in. I will however remember to try
          > Jack du Brul when I
          > have finished this though and let you know my
          > thoughts.
          >
          > cheers
          > Tony

          tony,

          sorry it has taken so long to get back to you, but amy
          (my wife) & i have been busy! we are preparing to go
          to guatemala as soon as we get the word and pick up
          our new son. we are just waiting for his guatemalan
          passport and american embassy approval - we should be
          leaving in the next week.

          i work for a water utility as a designer/CAD draftsman
          and amy is a web administrator for the state of
          delaware.

          getting the baby's room ready as well as everything
          else ready for him i haven't had much time to read or
          get online.

          i'm still reading the PROMETHEUS DECEPTION by ludlum,
          i haven't gotten much read in the past few weeks.

          i have started THE BEAR AND THE DRAGON a few times but
          have never got much past page 100, losing interest.

          hope to hear more from you soon!

          ed

          Find a job, post your resume.
          http://careers.yahoo.com
        • bigbluehen@aol.com
          Message 4 of 13 , Apr 24, 2004
            Hello all,

            It has been sometime since i have really posted to any lists. It has been quite a few months for me.

            Beginning last November had started having problems reading - i was sure i needed the dread bi-focals! But as insurance is i had to wait until January to see the eye doctor. At the end of Jan i found out i needed bifocals.

            We started off with the lineless bifocals and after three pair of them causing burning eyes and bad headaches we tried lined bificals. By the time we went to the lined bifocals it was the beginning of April! SO i have gone from November to now reading very little. I could read the newspaper and get by at work but reading for pleasure was torture!

            Almost as soon as the glasses problem was solved i had to go for surgery! My first trip to the hospital! I got a diveated septum fixed and my nasal passages opened since i have never been able to breath through my nose.

            Needless to say i have a TON of books sitting waiting for me to get to!

            Scarecrow by Matt Reilly and State of the Union by Brad Thor were the first two i was going to tackle - but i decided on Angels & Demons by Dan Brown first. After A&D i don't know if i'll go right to Scarecrow or the DiVinci Code or Plan of Attack by Bob Woodward.

            There are many more books waiting to be read after them. I'd like to reread the Bourne Supremacy before the movie comes out in July as well as the Bourne Legacy hardback by Eric Van Lustbader, it also comes out in July.

            Also in July James Rollins Sandstorm comes out in hardback and Jim's Ice Hunt comes out in paperback.

            One of my favorites - David Morrell just had the Protector come out in paperback.

            Does anyone know of anyhing else coming out?

            Has anyone read anything interesting? I haven't heard any reports on Matt Reilly's Scarecrow except for Sue and she didn;t like the audio version.

            Well...................gotta run....................the grass needs to be cut!

            Ed in Wilmington, DE