Loading ...
Sorry, an error occurred while loading the content.

Re: [Cussler-DirkPitt] roots

Expand Messages
  • Tim Merrigan
    I don t know this for a fact, but I m fairly sure there were novelizations of the movies, and there may have been novels set between, before, and after the
    Message 1 of 24 , Apr 30, 2001
    • 0 Attachment
      I don't know this for a fact, but I'm fairly sure there were novelizations of the movies, and there may have been novels set between,
      before, and after the movies.

      Lynn Shaffer wrote:

      > I didn't know there were Indiana Jones novels. Were they based on the
      > movies or were the movies based on the books? Are they good? Who writes
      > them? Tell me more, tell me more! :-)
      >
      > Lynn
      >
      > On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:06:37 EDT Colierrannd2@... writes:
      > > In a message dated 4/30/01 6:09:12 AM Central Daylight Time,
      > > manofbronze1@... writes:
      > >
      > >
      > > > any reason why you haven't read any of the Indy
      > > > novels? afraid they won't be as good as the movies?
      > > >
      > >
      > > No, I just never seem to think of it. I mean I still havent read
      > > Altlantis
      > > Found yet. I am planning on going thru the Indy books soon.
      > >
      > >
      > > >taran? i've never heard of this character - care to
      > > >tell us more?
      > >
      > > I believe he was at one time called Taran the Pig Keeper. He appears
      > > in the
      > > Disney animated movie(thier best by the way)The Black Cauldron. I
      > > cant
      > > remember how many books Alexander wrote about him. Taran was kind of
      > > a
      > > kindred soul for me. He wanted more adventure than he was going to
      > > get in
      > > his life until he started actually having adventures, and then he
      > > wished he
      > > hadn't. He was a young boy, I always placed his age around 16 or
      > > so...
      > >
      > > >have you read any nancy drew novles recently? do they
      > > >hold up as a adult?
      > >
      > > >ed
      > >
      > > Nope, I should tho. There is a nice little used book store by me
      > > that has
      > > bunches of them. Perhaps I will go pick up a couple.
      > >
      > > Col
      >
      > ________________________________________________________________
      > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
      > Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
      > Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit:
      > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
      >
      >
      > Pitt, Dirk Pitt.
      >
      > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      --
      There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio, than are dreampt of in your philosophy. --- Hamlet to Horatio; William Shakespeare's
      Hamlet

      Tim Merrigan -- tppm@... -- http://people.we.mediaone.net/tppm/home.htm

      AIM: TPPM1 -- Yahoo: Tim_Merrigan

      Science Fiction fans please try APA-LASFS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com -- http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/APA-LASFS
    • ed homa
      ... i think you ll like atlantis found - and it is coming out in paperback soon! ed __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo!
      Message 2 of 24 , May 1, 2001
      • 0 Attachment
        --- Colierrannd2@... wrote:
        > In a message dated 4/30/01 6:09:12 AM Central
        > Daylight Time,
        > manofbronze1@... writes:
        >
        >
        > > any reason why you haven't read any of the Indy
        > > novels? afraid they won't be as good as the
        > movies?
        > >
        >
        > No, I just never seem to think of it. I mean I still
        > havent read Altlantis
        > Found yet. I am planning on going thru the Indy
        > books soon.

        i think you'll like atlantis found - and it is coming
        out in paperback soon!

        ed

        __________________________________________________
        Do You Yahoo!?
        Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
        http://auctions.yahoo.com/
      • ed homa
        ... i d love to hear your comments after you read a few old nancy drew s. ed __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Auctions
        Message 3 of 24 , May 1, 2001
        • 0 Attachment
          --- Colierrannd2@... wrote:

          > >have you read any nancy drew novles recently?� do
          > they
          > >hold up as a adult?
          >
          > >ed
          >
          > Nope, I should tho. There is a nice little used book
          > store by me that has
          > bunches of them. Perhaps I will go pick up a couple.
          >
          > Col
          >

          i'd love to hear your comments after you read a few
          old nancy drew's.

          ed


          __________________________________________________
          Do You Yahoo!?
          Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
          http://auctions.yahoo.com/
        • ed homa
          ... i ve never read any - there are alot of them out - the books came from the movies - there are a few different authors that have written them. look them up
          Message 4 of 24 , May 1, 2001
          • 0 Attachment
            --- Lynn Shaffer <lynnshaffer@...> wrote:
            > I didn't know there were Indiana Jones novels. Were
            > they based on the
            > movies or were the movies based on the books? Are
            > they good? Who writes
            > them? Tell me more, tell me more! :-)
            >
            > Lynn

            i've never read any - there are alot of them out - the
            books came from the movies - there are a few different
            authors that have written them.

            look them up and give them a try!

            ed

            __________________________________________________
            Do You Yahoo!?
            Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
            http://auctions.yahoo.com/
          • ed homa
            yes, there were novleizations of the movies - but i was talking about the novels that weren t based on the movies. ...
            Message 5 of 24 , May 1, 2001
            • 0 Attachment
              yes, there were novleizations of the movies - but i
              was talking about the novels that weren't based on the
              movies.

              --- Tim Merrigan <tppm@...> wrote:
              > I don't know this for a fact, but I'm fairly sure
              > there were novelizations of the movies, and there
              > may have been novels set between,
              > before, and after the movies.
              >
              > Lynn Shaffer wrote:
              >
              > > I didn't know there were Indiana Jones novels.
              > Were they based on the
              > > movies or were the movies based on the books? Are
              > they good? Who writes
              > > them? Tell me more, tell me more! :-)
              > >
              > > Lynn
              > >
              > > On Mon, 30 Apr 2001 12:06:37 EDT
              > Colierrannd2@... writes:
              > > > In a message dated 4/30/01 6:09:12 AM Central
              > Daylight Time,
              > > > manofbronze1@... writes:
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > > any reason why you haven't read any of the
              > Indy
              > > > > novels? afraid they won't be as good as the
              > movies?
              > > > >
              > > >
              > > > No, I just never seem to think of it. I mean I
              > still havent read
              > > > Altlantis
              > > > Found yet. I am planning on going thru the Indy
              > books soon.
              > > >
              > > >
              > > > >taran? i've never heard of this character -
              > care to
              > > > >tell us more?
              > > >
              > > > I believe he was at one time called Taran the
              > Pig Keeper. He appears
              > > > in the
              > > > Disney animated movie(thier best by the way)The
              > Black Cauldron. I
              > > > cant
              > > > remember how many books Alexander wrote about
              > him. Taran was kind of
              > > > a
              > > > kindred soul for me. He wanted more adventure
              > than he was going to
              > > > get in
              > > > his life until he started actually having
              > adventures, and then he
              > > > wished he
              > > > hadn't. He was a young boy, I always placed his
              > age around 16 or
              > > > so...
              > > >
              > > > >have you read any nancy drew novles recently?
              > do they
              > > > >hold up as a adult?
              > > >
              > > > >ed
              > > >
              > > > Nope, I should tho. There is a nice little used
              > book store by me
              > > > that has
              > > > bunches of them. Perhaps I will go pick up a
              > couple.
              > > >
              > > > Col
              > >
              > >
              >
              ________________________________________________________________
              > > GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
              > > Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for
              > less!
              > > Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit:
              > > http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
              > >
              > >
              > > Pitt, Dirk Pitt.
              > >
              > > Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
              > http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/
              >
              > --
              > There are more things in Heaven and Earth, Horatio,
              > than are dreampt of in your philosophy. --- Hamlet
              > to Horatio; William Shakespeare's
              > Hamlet
              >
              > Tim Merrigan -- tppm@... --
              > http://people.we.mediaone.net/tppm/home.htm
              >
              > AIM: TPPM1 -- Yahoo: Tim_Merrigan
              >
              > Science Fiction fans please try
              > APA-LASFS-subscribe@yahoogroups.com --
              > http://www.yahoogroups.com/group/APA-LASFS
              >
              >
              >


              __________________________________________________
              Do You Yahoo!?
              Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
              http://auctions.yahoo.com/
            • Nancy Temple
              Hi all, Been really busy lately and haven t done a very good job of keeping up with this group. I still have about 75 messages to read! I just had to jump into
              Message 6 of 24 , May 1, 2001
              • 0 Attachment
                Hi all,
                Been really busy lately and haven't done a very good job of keeping up with
                this group. I still have about 75 messages to read! I just had to jump into
                this thread, though. I can remember devouring Nancy Drew books when I was
                young. I never went anywhere without a book, and it was usually Nancy Drew.
                Although, I also read The Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden, The Bobsy Twins, and I
                seem to recall some Alfred Hichcock type books for young people. Anyone know
                what I'm talking about. I have always been a fan of series type books, even
                when I first started reading. I also loved the Narnian Chronicles, although
                I didn't read those for the first time until I was about 16. I haven't even
                looked at a Nancy Drew book in at least 25 years. I wonder if she's aged
                well. I can also remember reading Harriet the Spy at least 5 times. I never
                saw the movie. Did it follow the book closely?

                During Spring Break from school, I finally got to read Blue Gold. I enjoyed
                it, but not nearly as much as a DP novel. Can't exactly put my finger on why
                that is. I think maybe it's because there isn't nearly as much interaction
                between Kurt Austin and the villain as their is with DP and his villains.
                Also, DP seems to get into more scrapes than KA. I can't wait for the new
                Pitt novel. I really miss him! He really needs to come and visit more often.
                (Oops, sorry. He's not a real person! He's not a real person! He's not a
                real person! - Someday I'll actually remember that.)

                OK, I think I'm done rambling.
                --Nancy

                > --- Colierrannd2@... wrote:
                >
                > > >have you read any nancy drew novles recently? do
                > > they
                > > >hold up as a adult?
                > >
                > > >ed
                > >
                > > Nope, I should tho. There is a nice little used book
                > > store by me that has
                > > bunches of them. Perhaps I will go pick up a couple.
                > >
                > > Col
                > >
                >
                > i'd love to hear your comments after you read a few
                > old nancy drew's.
                >
                > ed
              • Colierrannd2@aol.com
                In a message dated 5/1/01 2:39:06 AM Central Daylight Time, tppm@mediaone.net ... Right on both counts. The Indy Novels are like Star Wars novels in that they
                Message 7 of 24 , May 1, 2001
                • 0 Attachment
                  In a message dated 5/1/01 2:39:06 AM Central Daylight Time, tppm@...
                  writes:


                  I don't know this for a fact, but I'm fairly sure there were novelizations
                  of the movies, and there may have been novels set between,
                  before, and after the movies.


                  Right on both counts. The Indy Novels are like Star Wars novels in that they
                  are written by different authors and are set at various times in his life.
                  There were also novelizations of the films, and all sorts of other kids
                  storybooks and such.

                  I am not sure but a check of indianajones.com should get some titles and
                  stuff.

                  Col
                • ed homa
                  ... nancy, ramble on all that you want! ed __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great
                  Message 8 of 24 , May 3, 2001
                  • 0 Attachment
                    --- Nancy Temple <clnews@...> wrote:

                    > OK, I think I'm done rambling.
                    > --Nancy


                    nancy, ramble on all that you want!

                    ed

                    __________________________________________________
                    Do You Yahoo!?
                    Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
                    http://auctions.yahoo.com/
                  • Colierrannd2@aol.com
                    In a message dated 5/3/01 9:08:13 AM Central Daylight Time, clnews@inland.net ... The book that got me started in my obsessive reading....the movie seemed to
                    Message 9 of 24 , May 3, 2001
                    • 0 Attachment
                      In a message dated 5/3/01 9:08:13 AM Central Daylight Time, clnews@...
                      writes:


                      . I can also remember reading Harriet the Spy at least 5 times. I never
                      saw the movie. Did it follow the book closely?



                      The book that got me started in my obsessive reading....the movie seemed to
                      follow the book fairly well. I can say with absolute confidence that Michelle
                      Trachtenberg was the finest version of Harriet anyone could have asked
                      for.Her performances on Buffy the Vampire Slayer bear this out.

                      Incidently, I was in Wal-Mart today and notice AF in paperback.Except for
                      saving up for Mom's day I would have bought it, but I will soon enough.

                      Col
                    • Lynn Shaffer
                      Who does Michelle Trachtenberg play on Buffy? I m glad I m not the only one who watches it. Guilty Pleasure! Lynn ...
                      Message 10 of 24 , May 3, 2001
                      • 0 Attachment
                        Who does Michelle Trachtenberg play on Buffy? I'm glad I'm not the only
                        one who watches it. Guilty Pleasure!

                        Lynn

                        On Thu, 3 May 2001 21:13:03 EDT Colierrannd2@... writes:
                        > In a message dated 5/3/01 9:08:13 AM Central Daylight Time,
                        > clnews@...
                        > writes:
                        >
                        >
                        > > . I can also remember reading Harriet the Spy at least 5 times. I
                        > never
                        > > saw the movie. Did it follow the book closely?
                        > >
                        > >
                        >
                        > The book that got me started in my obsessive reading....the movie
                        > seemed to
                        > follow the book fairly well. I can say with absolute confidence that
                        > Michelle
                        > Trachtenberg was the finest version of Harriet anyone could have
                        > asked
                        > for.Her performances on Buffy the Vampire Slayer bear this out.
                        >
                        > Incidently, I was in Wal-Mart today and notice AF in
                        > paperback.Except for
                        > saving up for Mom's day I would have bought it, but I will soon
                        > enough.
                        >
                        > Col

                        ________________________________________________________________
                        GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                        Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
                        Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit:
                        http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
                      • ed homa
                        ... aren t there new adventures of nancy drew? ed __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want
                        Message 11 of 24 , May 4, 2001
                        • 0 Attachment
                          --- Nancy Temple <clnews@...> wrote:
                          > Hi all,
                          > Been really busy lately and haven't done a very good
                          > job of keeping up with
                          > this group. I still have about 75 messages to read!
                          > I just had to jump into
                          > this thread, though. I can remember devouring Nancy
                          > Drew books when I was
                          > young. I never went anywhere without a book, and it
                          > was usually Nancy Drew.
                          > Although, I also read The Hardy Boys, Trixie Belden,
                          > The Bobsy Twins, and I
                          > seem to recall some Alfred Hichcock type books for
                          > young people. Anyone know
                          > what I'm talking about.
                          >I have always been a fan of
                          > series type books, even
                          > when I first started reading. I also loved the
                          > Narnian Chronicles, although
                          > I didn't read those for the first time until I was
                          > about 16. I haven't even
                          > looked at a Nancy Drew book in at least 25 years. I
                          > wonder if she's aged
                          > well. I can also remember reading Harriet the Spy at
                          > least 5 times. I never
                          > saw the movie. Did it follow the book closely?
                          >

                          aren't there new adventures of nancy drew?

                          ed

                          __________________________________________________
                          Do You Yahoo!?
                          Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
                          http://auctions.yahoo.com/
                        • ed homa
                          ... i agree with most all that you have to say with then DP vs KA books - i d love to see KA turn up with small parts in the DP books - if he is just sitting
                          Message 12 of 24 , May 4, 2001
                          • 0 Attachment
                            --- Nancy Temple <clnews@...> wrote:
                            > Hi all,
                            > During Spring Break from school, I finally got to
                            > read Blue Gold. I enjoyed
                            > it, but not nearly as much as a DP novel. Can't
                            > exactly put my finger on why
                            > that is. I think maybe it's because there isn't
                            > nearly as much interaction
                            > between Kurt Austin and the villain as their is with
                            > DP and his villains.
                            > Also, DP seems to get into more scrapes than KA. I
                            > can't wait for the new
                            > Pitt novel. I really miss him! He really needs to
                            > come and visit more often.
                            > (Oops, sorry. He's not a real person! He's not a
                            > real person! He's not a
                            > real person! - Someday I'll actually remember that.)
                            >
                            > OK, I think I'm done rambling.
                            > --Nancy

                            i agree with most all that you have to say with then
                            DP vs KA books - i'd love to see KA turn up with small
                            parts in the DP books - if he is just sitting around
                            the NUMA building - something to tie the 2 series
                            together.

                            ed

                            __________________________________________________
                            Do You Yahoo!?
                            Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
                            http://auctions.yahoo.com/
                          • ed homa
                            ... AF out already! i ll have to pick it up and reread it! ed __________________________________________________ Do You Yahoo!? Yahoo! Auctions - buy the
                            Message 13 of 24 , May 5, 2001
                            • 0 Attachment
                              --- Colierrannd2@... wrote:

                              > Incidently, I was in Wal-Mart today and notice AF in
                              > paperback.Except for
                              > saving up for Mom's day I would have bought it, but
                              > I will soon enough.
                              >
                              > Col
                              >

                              AF out already! i'll have to pick it up and reread
                              it!

                              ed

                              __________________________________________________
                              Do You Yahoo!?
                              Yahoo! Auctions - buy the things you want at great prices
                              http://auctions.yahoo.com/
                            • Colierrannd2@aol.com
                              In a message dated 5/5/01 9:45:11 AM Central Daylight Time, ... Well, before I tell you much, where are you? In England and pretty much the rest of the planet
                              Message 14 of 24 , May 5, 2001
                              • 0 Attachment
                                In a message dated 5/5/01 9:45:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
                                lynnshaffer@... writes:


                                Who does Michelle Trachtenberg play on Buffy?  I'm glad I'm not the only
                                one who watches it.  Guilty Pleasure!

                                Lynn


                                Well, before I tell you much, where are you? In England and pretty much the
                                rest of the planet Season 5 isnt airing and I would hate to spoil you if you
                                dont wanna know.

                                Col
                              • Lynn Shaffer
                                I m in Oregon. I m not a die hard. I watch it when I have time. So I m not worried about spoiled endings. Thanx! :-} Lynn ...
                                Message 15 of 24 , May 6, 2001
                                • 0 Attachment
                                  I'm in Oregon. I'm not a die hard. I watch it when I have time. So I'm
                                  not worried about spoiled endings. Thanx! >:-}
                                  Lynn

                                  On Sat, 5 May 2001 16:34:00 EDT Colierrannd2@... writes:
                                  > In a message dated 5/5/01 9:45:11 AM Central Daylight Time,
                                  > lynnshaffer@... writes:
                                  >
                                  >
                                  > > Who does Michelle Trachtenberg play on Buffy? I'm glad I'm not
                                  > the only
                                  > > one who watches it. Guilty Pleasure!
                                  > >
                                  > > Lynn
                                  > >
                                  >
                                  > Well, before I tell you much, where are you? In England and pretty
                                  > much the
                                  > rest of the planet Season 5 isnt airing and I would hate to spoil
                                  > you if you
                                  > dont wanna know.
                                  >
                                  > Col

                                  ________________________________________________________________
                                  GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                                  Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
                                  Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit:
                                  http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
                                • Colierrannd2@aol.com
                                  Ok, well for anyone else who maybe a Buffy Watcher let me put some SPOILER SPACE... OK, Michelle Trachtenberg plays Dawn Buffy s sister. What sister you ask??
                                  Message 16 of 24 , May 6, 2001
                                  • 0 Attachment
                                    Ok, well for anyone else who maybe a Buffy Watcher let me put some SPOILER
                                    SPACE...










                                    OK, Michelle Trachtenberg plays Dawn Buffy's sister. What sister you ask??
                                    Well it has alot to do with monks and a key and a god who wants said key
                                    named Glory. You see Dawn is the key and the monks sent her to the big B so
                                    that Buffy could protect Dawn from Glory.

                                    Make sure you see the season finale, not only is it episode 100 but from what
                                    I hear it is going to be a doozy!

                                    Col
                                  • Lynn Shaffer
                                    Thanx for the info. You didn t spoil anything! I look forward to the season finale! Do you watch Mad TV? Miss Swan? On a recent show they went to the
                                    Message 17 of 24 , May 7, 2001
                                    • 0 Attachment
                                      Thanx for the info. You didn't spoil anything! I look forward to the
                                      season finale! Do you watch Mad TV? Miss Swan? On a recent show they
                                      went to the Charlie's Angels premiere and Michelle Trachtenberg (I didnt'
                                      know her name at the time) did a perfect Miss Swan impression. I was
                                      impressed. I had resisted the presence of Dawn, but after that
                                      impression, I embrace her! Ok enough mindless babble!
                                      Thanx again!
                                      Lynn

                                      On Mon, 7 May 2001 01:53:13 EDT Colierrannd2@... writes:
                                      > Ok, well for anyone else who maybe a Buffy Watcher let me put some
                                      > SPOILER
                                      > SPACE...
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      >
                                      > OK, Michelle Trachtenberg plays Dawn Buffy's sister. What sister you
                                      > ask??
                                      > Well it has alot to do with monks and a key and a god who wants said
                                      > key
                                      > named Glory. You see Dawn is the key and the monks sent her to the
                                      > big B so
                                      > that Buffy could protect Dawn from Glory.
                                      >
                                      > Make sure you see the season finale, not only is it episode 100 but
                                      > from what
                                      > I hear it is going to be a doozy!
                                      >
                                      > Col
                                      >

                                      ________________________________________________________________
                                      GET INTERNET ACCESS FROM JUNO!
                                      Juno offers FREE or PREMIUM Internet access for less!
                                      Join Juno today! For your FREE software, visit:
                                      http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.
                                    Your message has been successfully submitted and would be delivered to recipients shortly.