Re: [Cussler-DirkPitt] Jon Land

  • DKBR57@aol.com
    Message 1 of 8 , Apr 1, 2001
      In a message dated 03/31/2001 12:04:02 PM Eastern Daylight Time,
      Colierrannd2@... writes:

      > Also when Avery Brooks played him all hawk had to do is look at someone and
      > you got to feeling sorry for the other guy. You KNEW someone was going to
      > get
      > a beatdown. This new guy, you get the feeling he would actually have to
      hit
      > someone to get the threat thru. Am I making sense?

      Oh course! Avery Brooks - how could I have forgotten! And I totally agree -
      one look from Hawk and you knew just what threat was in the air. And that
      VOICE! A man of few words, to be sure, but when they were spoken, you
      listened!

      Kyle
    • ed homa
      Message 2 of 8 , Apr 4, 2001
        --- Colierrannd2@... wrote:

        > As for the other series Parker has going I have 2 of
        > them but haven't read
        > them. Right ow I am working on learning computer
        > stuff and its taking up too
        > much of my reading time :(
        >
        > Col

        what kind of *computer stuff* are you learning?

        ed

        http://personal.mail.yahoo.com/
      • ed homa
        Message 3 of 8 , Apr 4, 2001
          --- DKBR57@... wrote:
          > Hi Ed,
          >
          > I'm probably in the minority, but I
          > feel Robert Urich's Spenser
          > was right on ( I know Parker felt he was too young),
          > and the "Hawk" from that
          > series (sorry, I've drawn a blank on his name - a
          > wonderful actor, though)
          > was perfect. I just can't get used to the Joe
          > Mantegna portrayal in the new
          > movies, and their "Hawk" just doesn't ring true to
          > me at all!
          >
          > Kyle

          kyle,

          i agree with you - i LOVRD urich's spencer - and i've
          given mantegna a chance but i can't see him as
          spencer.