Flood Tide (spoilers for those of you that dont wanna hear it)

  • Colierrannd2@aol.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 2, 2000
      Spoiler Space Ghost...

      My god! Do they come any better than this? Maybe Deep Six. Maybe Inca
      Gold. You would have a hard time finding a better book in my opinion.
      I just finished reading this wonder of the literary world today. It
      was my first time reading it.

      Quin Shang is the ultimate bad guy. Ready to kill anyone who gets in
      his way. Of course this has to mean Pitt and Giordino! Anyonw think
      he'll lose this battle? Dont bet on it!

      The whole opening salvo that Pitt fires, burning down and ecposing
      Shang's Orion Lake operation is not only brilliant, but sets the pace
      for the rest of the book. Never for once, think that "this is it"
      because when you think that Cussler has given you the action scenes
      to end all action scenes, he tops himself again and again.

      One interesting note, James Bond comparisons seem to abound when it
      comes to Pitt. A friend of mine even says that Pitt is the novel
      version of the movie Bond. But in this novel Dirk Pitt turns cold-
      blooded killer more so than in previous books. If the James Bond (in
      the books at least) is anything, its a killer.

      However, do not be fooled. James Bond is as different from Dirk Pitt
      as Admiral James Sandecker is different from any version of M.

      This novel seals Dirk Pitt's fate as one of the greatest literary
      heroes of the 20th century and beyond.

      Great Book!

      Col