News Digest March 20, 2012

  • ElegantPlus.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 20, 2012

      If you cannot see the images or links in this newsletter, please visit the News section of the Elegant Plus website at:
      http://www.ElegantPlus.com/News.htm

      Curvy Clippings Newsletter
      Delivered Straight from Our Editor's Desk to You!

      Brought to you by:  Elegant Plus ( www.ElegantPlus.com )

      Your Internet Shopping Guide to Stylish Clothing Sizes 12-34W

        QUICK LINKS:  Plus-Size Activewear & Work Out Clothing | Plus-Size Fashion Picks |
      Elegant Plus Fashion Flash
      |  Health Resources We Recommend

      In the News:
      March 18, 2012
      Full-Figured Fashion Report:  March weekend full-figured fashion insert from USA Today in Chicago, New York, Dallas, Atlanta, and New Orleans.

      Future of Feminism: Freedom from Body Shaming, Regardless of Size: While I’ve already spent some time discussing the dangerous ways the media sexualizes women and girls, and how it gives the false impression that to be attractive, popular and interesting you must be skinny and hyper-feminine, today I want to switch things up little and talk about the body acceptance movement (also called “size acceptance” or “fat acceptance”), which attempts to combat the negative stereotypes around women and men who are conventionally considered overweight or obese.

      'L Word' Actress Sues Clothier Over Plus-Size Campaign: "The L Word" actress Janina Gavankar claims a Los Angeles clothing company used her image to promote its plus-size line without her permission.
      Everyday chemicals linked to obesity crisis: report: Chemicals in everyday items such as paint, plastics and mattresses are linked to obesity and diabetes, a campaign group has warned.

      All opinions expressed are those of the author, and do not necessarily reflect those of the editorial staff at Elegant Plus* . We encourage open and free discussion of a variety of viewpoints and opinions.

      While the information on this website is intended to be as true and accurate as possible, visitors are advised that it is for educational purposes only. Any articles related to health are meant to complement, not substitute, for the services of your professional healthcare providers.

      * Elegant Plus is a supporter of the Health at Every Size (HAES) Philosophy

      A member of the Elegance Web Group © 2002-2012