Reminder: Cuenca Ballroom Dance Club

  • Will Harper
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2010
      This is NOT a political issue!

      The Cuenca Ballroom Dance Club WILL BE open this Sunday at 7:00PM, with a free 30 minute dance lesson in Foxtrot basics.

      For those of you who have forgotten, the dance is held in a professional dance studio, in a nice neighborhood, on a well-lighted street, with plenty of streetside parking, if you decide to drive. Or, every taxi in town can take you there.

      I have a mix of dance music to please every dancer; ranging from traditional ballroom (Waltz, Foxtrot, Quickstep,..) to Latins (Tango, Argentine Tango, Rumba, Samba, Cha Cha, Salsa,..) East-Coast Swing and West-Coast Swing, Disco/hustle and more.

      I'll have bottled water, drinks and a few snacks - If anybody cares to bring a pot-luck snack for 5 of so, please do so.

      The dance will start with a free foxtrot basic dance lesson - 7:00-7:30 PM, with general dancing until 9:45-10:00 PM.

      Admission is FREE (really), but I will solicit a $2 donation, to help pay the rent, etc.

      We will dance at the Dance studio, "Therapy Dance," which is located at Yana Urco 4-32 y Rio Upano, phone 09 731 6603. Every taxi driver in town should know where Yana Urco is, but, if not it is at the bottom of the valley of Guapdondélig, by the cemetery, South of the airport. Rio Upano is the third cross street from Guapdondélig. The studio is on the right, just before you get to the park on the left. It shares a building with the Multi Videos store, which has a lighted sign that can be seen from a long way off. Both signs are in English.

      Some of the maps say "Yanahurco" instead of Yana Urco - but the street signs (that I have seen) say Yana Urco. Either way, it is pronounced the same.

      I'll see you at the dance
      Will
      Will@...
    • Will Harper
      Message 2 of 2 , Oct 1, 2010
        Reminder: Cuenca Ballroom Dance Club

        Hi MAZ

        Come-on-down.  I’ll keep the door open for you AND YOUR TWO-LEFT-FOOT husband.

        A little secret that I learned late in life – The ladies don’t even mind if the gentleman has two-left-feet.  They just love it if he will dance.  This “reaization” came to me, when the best dancer (and one of the most beautiful - http://public.fotki.com/donder2/will-harper-clan/wednesday-september-77.html ) asked ME to dance.  At first I (the wallflower, with two left feet) said, “NO! I’m not good enough to dance with YOU.”  She changed my mind -  and, after discovering the joy of dancing, I eventually went on to be  the Virginia State Champion.  Here is me and my dancing partner-teacher, accepting the applause http://public.fotki.com/donder2/will-harper-clan/wednesday-september-68.html

        Will

        Hi Will,

        I think it's great that you are doing this. I hope that it will continue for a while - I will be back in Cuenca in late November, and would love to join you. Maybe even dragging my two left footed hubby along!

        Meanwhile, enjoy and have fun!

        MAZ

        On Fri, 01 Oct 2010 21:02:19 -0000 "Will Harper" <english-tutor@...> writes:

[...]

        Will Harper, Teacher of English as a Foreign Language (TEFL)
        "New York" Clases de inglés
        Rio Cutucú 2-69 Y Rumi Urco, Cuenca Ecuador
        Cell, Cuenca (593) 09 731 6603
        USA 757 377-3165 (leave a message - I don't pick up the phone, but I get the messages)
        Get Skype and Call me for free, worldwide, Skype ID English_Tutor100
        MCSE: Security, MCT, CCNA, MCSA, A+, N+ CTT+ Security+
        Independent Trainer/Consultant
        "I don't believe in miracles. I rely on them."
        Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.
        www.willharper.com
        www.hyperlearn.com
        www.twosteptidewater.com
        (Unless indicated, this email contains NO attachments)
        (Delete ALL other attachments)
        *******