Hostal Close to Quito Airport ?

  • qualityusanow
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 6, 2013
      Need a recommendation for a hostal/hotel, very close to Quito Airport, leaving very early in the morning. thanks,
    • Gregg Montaine
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013

        Right across the street from the entrance
        to the Quito airport (domestic flights) is
        a hostal.  Don't remember the name of it,
        but I stayed there twice and on both
        occasions I didn't even need a reservation.

        It's cheap and we're talking a one minute
        walk.

        G ~~

        Need a recommendation for a hostal/hotel, very close to Quito Airport, leaving very early in the morning. thanks,

      • Michelle Akers
        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 8, 2013

          Geez, now I *know* I need more coffee.  I was just about to zap off a wise-@ss email saying, “Er, Gregg, you usually DON’T need a reservation to stay in a hospital.”

          -- Michelle, stumbling off in search of caffeine (and it’s 10:30 a.m. here, so no excuse available to me on THAT count, either)

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 9, 2013

            Michelle,

            Ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhh - Kay!

            Nope.  Can't help you there.
            Never checked into a hospital (yet) since I've been in
            Ecuador.  But the info on the hostal is accurate.
            It's cheap, comfortable and close.  Last time I was
            there I had my (then) 14-year old son with me.

            BTW . . .  pay no attention to the club next door.
            I can't really be sure, but I think it's a strip club that
            does double-duty as a whorehouse.

            G ~~