VISA 10-V. Professional

  • kmcorns
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
      Has anyone used or no anyone who has been issued a VISA 10-V. Professional? I came across in on the consulate website and it doesn't specify that you need to be employed in your profession, just have a degree from a university.

      Regards from a hot AZ,
      Kevin
    • Susannah Maxwell
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 1, 2011
        We looked into it and it is very specific and difficult to obtain. Apparently you have to get your degree approved by a local university before you can do anything.

        Sent from my iPad
      • Patrick
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 2, 2011
          I have the professional visa. The catch is that the degree must be re-validated by the University Central in Quito. You will need up to date requirements from a consulate.

          --- In Cuenca_Ecuador@yahoogroups.com, "kmcorns" <kmcorns@...> wrote:

          > Has anyone used or no anyone who has been issued a VISA 10-V. Professional? I came across in on the consulate website and it doesn't specify that you need to be employed in your profession, just have a degree from a university.
          >
          > Regards from a hot AZ,
          > Kevin

        • kmcorns
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 2, 2011
            Thanks Patrick,

            By re-validating do you mean taking courses or is it a paperwork and fee situation? I have an MBA and hope to finish my Phd in Education next summer.

            Kevin