areas around Cuenca

  • Oleg
    Message 1 of 8 , May 25 9:07 AM
      Dear folks: I have been exploing the retirement options around Cuenca,
      Azuay province. I would like to hear from everybody. Give me some
      geographical names please. Yunguille maybe? Thank you for your input.
    • sin_duda
      Message 2 of 8 , May 26 1:17 PM
        Paute, Gualaceo, Chordeleg, Sigsig, Azoques, Giron and Yungilla, to
        name a few. Paute and Gualaceo are the closest. Quite a few people
        live there and drive into Cuenca when they need something or to
        socialize.

        Try this map. It should help with names and to see distances from Cuenca:

        http://www.codeso.com/TurismoEcuador/Mapa_Azuay.html

        --- In Cuenca_Ecuador@yahoogroups.com, "Oleg" <oromaniouk@...> wrote:

        > Dear folks: I have been exploing the retirement options around Cuenca,
        > Azuay province. I would like to hear from everybody. Give me some
        > geographical names please. Yunguille maybe? Thank you for your input.

      • meeoop
        Message 3 of 8 , May 26 10:22 PM
          Speaking of maps - do you know of a good map of Ecuador? Ordering one
          isn't a problem as I'm in Canada and don't move to Cuenca until
          August. I've looked on Amazon but I'm not sure if there's one better
          than the other (could be a waste of time and possibly money if I
          order the wrong one). Thanks for any info!
          Meeoop

          --- In Cuenca_Ecuador@yahoogroups.com, "sin_duda" <sin_duda@...>
          wrote:

          > Paute, Gualaceo, Chordeleg, Sigsig, Azoques, Giron and Yungilla, to
          > name a few. Paute and Gualaceo are the closest. Quite a few people
          > live there and drive into Cuenca when they need something or to
          > socialize.
          >
          > Try this map. It should help with names and to see distances from
          Cuenca:

          > http://www.codeso.com/TurismoEcuador/Mapa_Azuay.html
          >
          > --- In Cuenca_Ecuador@yahoogroups.com, "Oleg" <oromaniouk@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Dear folks: I have been exploing the retirement options around
          Cuenca,
          > > Azuay province. I would like to hear from everybody. Give me some
          > > geographical names please. Yunguille maybe? Thank you for your
          input.

        • Oleg and Tatiana Romaniouk
          Message 4 of 8 , May 27 6:30 AM
            Please feel free to share your experiences once I have settled (real estate, distances, places, etc).

            Sincerely,

            Oleg

            wrote:

            > Paute, Gualaceo, Chordeleg, Sigsig, Azoques, Giron and Yungilla, to
            > name a few. Paute and Gualaceo are the closest. Quite a few people
            > live there and drive into Cuenca when they need something or to
            > socialize.
            >
            > Try this map. It should help with names and to see distances from
            Cuenca:

            > http://www.codeso. com/TurismoEcuad or/Mapa_Azuay. html
            >
            > --- In Cuenca_Ecuador@ yahoogroups. com, "Oleg" <oromaniouk@ > wrote:
            > >
            > > Dear folks: I have been exploing the retirement options around
            Cuenca,
            > > Azuay province. I would like to hear from everybody. Give me some
            > > geographical names please. Yunguille maybe? Thank you for your
            input.

          • sin_duda
            Message 5 of 8 , May 27 7:37 AM
              I'm told the best road map for Ecuador is by Insight. After getting
              lost twice not too long ago, I bought one. So we shall see. Also,
              once here, bookstores have city maps. If you ever plan to drive
              through Guayaquil, get one. LOL.

              http://www.insightguides.com

              --- In Cuenca_Ecuador@yahoogroups.com, "meeoop" <ningaboop@...> wrote:

              > Speaking of maps - do you know of a good map of Ecuador? Ordering one
              > isn't a problem as I'm in Canada and don't move to Cuenca until
              > August. I've looked on Amazon but I'm not sure if there's one better
              > than the other (could be a waste of time and possibly money if I
              > order the wrong one). Thanks for any info!
              > Meeoop
              >

              > --- In Cuenca_Ecuador@yahoogroups.com, "sin_duda" <sin_duda@>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Paute, Gualaceo, Chordeleg, Sigsig, Azoques, Giron and Yungilla, to
              > > name a few. Paute and Gualaceo are the closest. Quite a few people
              > > live there and drive into Cuenca when they need something or to
              > > socialize.
              > >
              > > Try this map. It should help with names and to see distances from
              > Cuenca:
              > >
              > > http://www.codeso.com/TurismoEcuador/Mapa_Azuay.html
              > >
              > > --- In Cuenca_Ecuador@yahoogroups.com, "Oleg" <oromaniouk@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > Dear folks: I have been exploing the retirement options around
              > Cuenca,
              > > > Azuay province. I would like to hear from everybody. Give me some
              > > > geographical names please. Yunguille maybe? Thank you for your
              > input.

            • Oleg
              Message 6 of 8 , May 29 6:22 PM
                Dear folks: please drop a few lines about the towns/villages around
                Cuenca where you live. What do you like about them? What they are known
                for? How is the climate? How far are they from Cuenca? Are they safe?
              • meeoop
                Message 7 of 8 , May 31 8:00 AM
                  --- In Cuenca_Ecuador@yahoogroups.com, "sin_duda" <sin_duda@...> wrote:

                  > I'm told the best road map for Ecuador is by Insight. After getting
                  > lost twice not too long ago, I bought one. So we shall see. Also,
                  > once here, bookstores have city maps. If you ever plan to drive
                  > through Guayaquil, get one. LOL.
                  >
                  > http://www.insightguides.com
                  >
                  > --- In Cuenca_Ecuador@yahoogroups.com, "meeoop" ningaboop@ wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Speaking of maps - do you know of a good map of Ecuador? Ordering
                  one
                  > > isn't a problem as I'm in Canada and don't move to Cuenca until
                  > > August. I've looked on Amazon but I'm not sure if there's one better
                  > > than the other (could be a waste of time and possibly money if I
                  > > order the wrong one). Thanks for any info!
                  > > Meeoop
                  > >

                  > > --- In Cuenca_Ecuador@yahoogroups.com, "sin_duda" <sin_duda@>
                  > > wrote:
                  > > >
                  > > > Paute, Gualaceo, Chordeleg, Sigsig, Azoques, Giron and Yungilla,
                  > > > name a few. Paute and Gualaceo are the closest. Quite a few
                  people
                  > > > live there and drive into Cuenca when they need something or to
                  > > > socialize.
                  > > >
                  > > > Try this map. It should help with names and to see distances from
                  > > Cuenca:
                  > > >
                  > > > http://www.codeso.com/TurismoEcuador/Mapa_Azuay.html

                  > > Cuenca,
                  > > input.

                • meeoop
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 31 8:03 AM
                    Thanks for the replies. I have a couple of maps on order at a local bookstore so I'll post
                    about them once I see them. We're also considering getting a GPS with a map builder
                    program in it. It could be quite useful if we couple it with a regular paper map. Or maybe
                    it would make getting lost kind of handy! :-)

                    Meeoop