Social Work meeting in Havana

  • Walter
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 2, 2003
      I am forwarding the following message.
      Please reply directly to:
      strug@...
      and not to me.

      Thank you!
      --------------

      Dear Fellow Social Workers:

      Are you going to the Havana social work meeting in
      September and do you know of any others going? I would like
      you to know about the following meeting I am planning
      there:

      Dear Fellow Social Workers:

      I am organizing an informal gathering of U.S. social
      workers who will be attending the 3rd International Social
      Work Conference in Havana, Cuba to meet with a number of
      Cuban social workers and health care practitioners at
      Havana's award winning Plaza Policlinic. I would like you
      to join us as an active participant at the meeting, which
      is tentatively scheduled to take place on Wednesday,
      September 24, 2003 from 2:00 to 5:00 pm.

      The purpose of this meeting is to promote an exchange of
      experiences between U.S. social workers like yourselves and
      your Cuban counterparts, to explore the possibility of
      dialog between social workers from two contrasting
      societies, and to discuss plans for further collaboration
      in the future.

      Cuban social and health care workers from this Policlinic
      will describe the unique Integral Focus of Cuban social
      work and social workers from both countries will compare
      and contrast differences and similarities of Cuban and U.S.
      social work in terms of education, interventions, theory,
      etc.

      Could you please let me know as soon as possible if you are
      interested in participating in this event.,

      David

      --
      David Strug, Ph.D.
      Associate Professor