Urgent call from Leslie Cagan for aid to Feb 15 actions

  • Fred Feldman
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 5, 2003
      The February 15 and 16 rallies in New York and San Francisco are taking
      on
      historic proportions. In combination with dozens of national
      mobilizations in
      cities from London to Bangkok on February 15, these will be the largest
      demonstrations for peace and justice in world history.

      In New York, our confirmed speakers include Archbishop Desmond Tutu,
      playwright Tony Kushner, NAACP Board Chair Julian Bond, leaders of the
      September Eleventh Families for Peaceful Tomorrows, Angela Davis,
      performance artist Sarah Jones and poets from Def Poetry Jam, Harry
      Belafonte,
      Danny Glover, Rosie Perez, Pete Seeger, Holly Near, and more.
      [Visit http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?list=sub&sub=30 for
      lots more
      detail.]

      WE NEED YOUR HELP! The scale of this demonstration is swamping our
      resources and budget. Even though we have hundreds of volunteers, and
      have
      distributed hundreds of thousands of leaflets (in five languages), we
      need to do
      much more.

      Please go to http://www.unitedforpeace.org/article.php?id=160 and make
      an
      on-line donation today. Whatever you can afford--$10 or $100, it's all
      needed.
      And forward this to your friends. We have one last chance to send a
      global
      message-"The World Says No toWar." We're counting on you.

      Andrea Buffa
      Leslie Cagan
      Bill Fletcher, Jr.
      Co-Chairs, United for Peace and Justice

      ----
      To send UFP announcements or emergency alerts, please email:
      ufp@...

      To join the DISCUSS List send an email to: ufp_com-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
      and then you can send any discussion, articles or news items to:
      ufp_com@yahoogroups.com