ACN: Cuban American Finds his Cuba Truth

    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 1, 2013
      Cuban American Finds his Cuba Truth

      SANCTI SPIRITUS, Cuba, July 31 Cuban American Daniel Sanchez (32) is the son of two Cuban emigrants who took him to the United States when he was a small child. Sanchez is currently visiting the island where said he found the truth about Cuba, usually distorted by the US media.

      Sanchez, known among his friends as Majesty, is a member of the the 24th US Pastors for Peace Friendshipment Caravan, which recently brought humanitarian aid to Cuba in open defiance of US blockade laws, since the activists did not request any license from the Treasury for their trip.

      As soon as I decided to come, I began to read books and publications that helped me had an idea about this country, Daniel told the Cuban News Agency. He said he did not know who the Cuban Five are because the mainstream media has silenced the issue. However, he said that he already learned here that the Five are anti-terrorist fighters, who were jailed in the United States in 1998 and that four of them are still in prison.

      Sanchez said he always tried to learn about Cuba since he was a child, but he always found an evasive response on the part of his parents. “This trip led to a situation with my father; now he thinks I am a traitor, because he has fought against the Cuban Revolution with Alpha 66 organization, founded in 1962 under the umbrella of the CIA.”

      “One thing is what they tell you over there about Cuba, and a quite different is the reality here. For this reason I wanted to come and see by myself,” he noted.

      The Cuban American visitor said he will return home after having been enchanted by this “green cayman,” he said referring to the shape of the island; a country, he pointed out, that he will always defend by trying to change the distorted image spread abroad.

      Sanchez said he looks forwards to become a Cuban citizen, because he considers the island his own homeland and that he will return every time he has a chance.

      "Cuba - Un Paraíso bajo el bloqueo"