AP: Cuba: Communist Party Leaders Ousted

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 4 6:33 AM
      (Karen Lee Wald comments:

      (What I love about the NYT and similar media is that
      they scream their heads off about the leadership of
      Cuba being too old, and then every time the old timers
      are replaced by younger women and men, they make it
      seem like a palace revolt has taken place or some
      such thing. They never mention that the rules of the
      PCC say that 1/3 of the members of the CC have to
      change each time....)
      July 3, 2013
      Cuba: Communist Party Leaders Ousted
      By THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

      Cuba’s president has announced the removal of the former Parliament chief Ricardo Alarcón and several other leaders from the Communist Party’s powerful Central Committee. In comments broadcast Tuesday on state television, President Raúl Castro made clear that those leaving the 118-strong committee had not made any mistakes or committed any crimes. He said they were moving on in the normal course of events. Mr. Alarcón, 76, was the point person for relations with the United States.

      "Cuba - Un Paraíso bajo el bloqueo"