ACN: Cuba and Russia Affirm Friendship and Solidarity Relations

    Message 1 of 1 , May 9, 2013
      Cuba and Russia Affirm Friendship and Solidarity Relations

      HAVANA, Cuba, May 9 (acn) Cuba and Russia affirmed in Havana their friendship and solidarity relations and their commitment to their struggle for world peace, the sovereignty of the nations and their right to self-determination.

      Following a military ceremony that marked the 68th anniversary of the victory over fascism, held at the Museleum of the Soviet Internationalist Soldier, the first deputy minister of the Cuban Armed Revolutionary Forces, Alvaro Lopez Miera, stressed the bravery of the soldiers from the former Soviet Union.

      Miera, who is the chief of Staff of the Cuban armed institution, thanked Russia, on behalf for the Cuban government and people, for its permanent gestures of support.

      Russian ambassador to Cuba Mijail Kaminin said that his country, as well as other former member states of the USSR, expresses their permanent support of the Caribbean nation.

      “We defeated fascism; however, we must now keep on with our efforts to achieve larger international stability,” said Kaminin.

      "Cuba - Un Paraíso bajo el bloqueo"