Re: [CubaNews] Vancouver, BC: Oct. 5th Int'l Day of Action: Free the 5 Cuban Heroes! Justice for Victims of Anti-Cuba Terrorism!

  • Bill Hackwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Oct 1, 2012
      Congraluations Noah...you guys are an inspiration.
      Bill

      #455 killing all 73 innocent passengers. The bombing was planned by a man who
      has admitted to journalists for having organized the crime, terrorist Luis
      Posada Carriles. This is but one example of terrorism organized by Posada and
      the anti-Cuba mafia in Miami. Terrorist activities by groups and individuals
      from Miami against Cuba have claimed the lives of almost 3,500 people. Today
      the terrorists, like Posada, walk freely in Miami, while 4 of the 5 Cuban
      Heroes remain in prison and the 5th Rene Gonzalez must remain
      unjustly on parole in Florida against his will for three years unable to go
      back to his family in Cuba.

      The Venezuelan
      Government is demanding the U.S. Government comply with an extradition treaty
      between the two countries in order to have Posada extradited to Venezuela where
      he was already charged with his terrorist crimes before the U.S. government
      helped him to escape. We will also be protesting to demand that the U.S.
      Government honour the treaty and extradite Posada to Venezuela to face trial
      for his terrorist crimes.

      The Free the
      Cuban 5 Committee – Vancouver urges all peace loving people and social justice
      activists in Vancouver to join us for this International Day of Action on
      October 5th, the 36th anniversary of the terrorist
      bombing of Cubana Flight #455, to demand:
      >>>JUSTICE FOR THE VICTIMS OF ANTI-CUBAN TERRORISM NOW!
      >>>EXTRADITE POSADA TO FACE TRIAL IN VENEZUELA NOW!
      >>>FREE
      THE CUBAN 5 NOW!

      To see the poster for the protest action please visit:
      http://www.freethe5vancouver.ca/posters/2012/121005-free-the-cuban-5-picket.pdf

      *    *    *    *    *    *
         *    *    *    *

      WHO ARE THE 5 CUBAN HEROES?

      Gerardo Hernández, Ramón Labañino, Antonio Guerrero, Fernando González and René
      González, also known as the Cuban 5, are currently serving outrageously long
      sentences including even a double-life sentence plus fifteen years. They were
      wrongly accused and convicted in a U.S. Federal Court of “conspiracy to commit
      espionage” and other fabricated charges. The 5 were actually unarmed men
      involved in monitoring Miami-based terrorist organizations, which since 1959
      have been responsible for the deaths of over 3,400 people in Cuba, including
      one resident of Canada, Fabio di Celmo, in 1997. Through their important work,
      these 5 men were able to prevent further deaths in Cuba.

      Organized by:
      Free the Cuban 5 Committee-Vancouver
      604-719-6947 | freethe5vancouver@...
      http://www.freethe5vancouver.ca/